Team Avolition
Sign in to follow this  
Storm_Surge

[Tool] Minecraft Window Tool (v0.30 Beta)

TDF    12

This should already be an option in Minecraft, seriously.

Thanks.

• Upvote 4

Gnarl    1

I'm not going to be able to try this out for awhile, but this looks awesome.

• Upvote 1

Alconchloe    1

Finally. Notch should have fixed that fraps shit ages ago.( I bet he doesn't give a fuck) Great Job.

Legion    543

You have to have the EXE version of it? i use the jar for more memory.

Storm_Surge    598

Try opening the game and pressing Numpad Enter. I think it will work with the JAR version. The reason it asks for the launcher is so it can make your life easier by opening a fresh copy of the game if it isn't running and then automatically set the resolution.

Legion    543

Try opening the game and pressing Numpad Enter. I think it will work with the JAR version. The reason it asks for the launcher is so it can make your life easier by opening a fresh copy of the game if it isn't running and then automatically set the resolution.

Right right, i will try that. Not that big of a deal though, haven't run into memory errors yet on the .exe version

Storm_Surge    598
Nice tool storm :D

although I already use this :(

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/332 ... solutions/

BTW any plans on releasing the autohotkey script i'm interested in how it works.

I didn't know there was another person who did this. I'll take a look at that mod. One clear advantage of my program, though, is it works on any version of Minecraft. If there's a new patch and that one doesn't work, mine should with without any modifications. Also, you can choose any resolution smaller than your native resolution with mine, not just 720p and 1080p.

The downside to my tool is it may not work on certain systems with crazy window border settings and it's PC-only. I'll do what I can to fix any issues people come across.

Also, the source code is included in the archive that I posted. It's commented and everything.

First off, I want to say thank you for this. I've been looking for an easier way to do this.

Also, if I may ask, would you happen to know exactly why every single program I run can record fraps at 60 fps flawlessly, but Minecraft, on the lowest of resolutions, will only record at 20-22 fps?

Gnarl    1
First off, I want to say thank you for this. I've been looking for an easier way to do this.

Also, if I may ask, would you happen to know exactly why every single program I run can record fraps at 60 fps flawlessly, but Minecraft, on the lowest of resolutions, will only record at 20-22 fps?

Because minecraft is a pile of shit game.

• Downvote 1

Storm_Surge    598

There are several factors that affect game recording performance.

• [*:2e2hyioi]Framerate: You can't record frames you aren't drawing. What is your typical framerate in Minecraft without recording? If it's low, you might have the wrong version of Java installed, an old video card, or outdated video drivers.
    [*:2e2hyioi]Hard Drive: Low video compression uses little CPU but a lot of hard drive space. Defragment your hard drive or create a separate partition.
    [*:2e2hyioi]CPU: High video compression uses less hard drive space and more CPU, but your CPU might not be able to handle it.

I recommend recording Minecraft at 30 fps instead of 60 fps. There's a ton of overhead because you're recording so many frames per second.

I record minecraft, and every game I play at 30 fps as to conserve on the already enormous file sizes that it produces. I imagine it's probably my HDD or something. I don't imagine my video card being the issue since it has no problems with any other game I play (Team Fortress 2, Garry's mod, and a variety of other games on several different engines), and I wouldn't imagine it's java considering I play the game at about 100-120 frames without recording.

Thank you for addressing my question.

Storm_Surge    598

How much free hard drive space do you have?

Also, when you record the game, press Ctrl+Shift+Escape and look at your CPU Usage at the bottom. Does it go over 75% while you're recording?

On my main drive, C:, I have well over 400 GB out of 500 GB total left on it. On my second drive (which is a salvaged drive from my old computer, put in below the C: drive to act as a slave drive), I have 235 GB out of 500 GB.

My processor doesn't go up above 30% most of the time. I have both minecraft and fraps assigned to two different cores, but that doesn't seem to help. I've heard think it just might be my illegitimate copy of fraps, but I've tried several copies and all turn up with similar (or sometimes worse) results. I can't really tell what the cause could be. Minecraft is the only game that I have this issue with.

A_dizzle    4

I would have imagine you run minecraft and save the fraps files to a different hard-drive that you are running from. If you do not do this already i suggest you do.

Legion    543
I updated this with memory settings and a console toggle. Party hard.

Oops dumb question, i realized what it was right after launching it... derp derp derp.

Legion    543

Bit of a problem, every time i open the window tool and try to run MC i get this error, tahat only lasts for like 1/10th of a second but i managed to screencap it and see what it says

"Error: Could not find or load main class net.minecraft.LauncherFrame"

I dont know whats happening but i think the 2 suspects is either the new update, or from where i moved some things around in folders, including the minecraft.exe i originally selected

Storm_Surge    598

It sounds like you have the Minecraft console unchecked in my program. What you're seeing is the console window launching with Minecraft and then hiding (since you chose not to see it). The console is useful for debugging.