Team Avolition
Facebook

A List of FREE Programming Books/Sites (Feel free to contribute!)

Facebook    219

Nice list!

Thanks! If anyone needs a language, I can go on an internet scavenger hunt, provided I have the time. The only prerequisites are that it is not a ridiculously small language that nobody has ever heard of, and therefore never written books about.

KnightFire    365

Nice list!

Thanks! If anyone needs a language, I can go on an internet scavenger hunt, provided I have the time. The only prerequisites are that it is not a ridiculously small language that nobody has ever heard of, and therefore never written books about.

brainfuck

amidoinitrite?

• Upvote 1

Facebook    219

Nice list!

brainfuck

amidoinitrite?

Nome. ._.

EDIT: 100 posts! JES! >:D

Edited by TheKingOfRedLions
  • Upvote 2

eonrulz    1930

Sooo... New Forest Basic, the language my computing lecturer invented specifically for his course, wouldn't be a good choice for you, then? :P

Facebook    219

Sooo... New Forest Basic, the language my computing lecturer invented specifically for his course, wouldn't be a good choice for you, then? :P

Probably not. But I sure can put some Basic language books up there :P

Facebook    219

Wow, good job! These should make a good little reference guide :3

I should hope so! :)

I'm adding a ton of new books now, I just found a veritable treasure trove on someone's tech blog, I'll also add credits.

Wkter    1893

I'm adding a ton of new books now, I just found a veritable treasure trove on someone's tech blog, I'll also add credits.

If you've found multiple books from a single source, please list the source! It might be useful to check out the site in the future, or for other goodies (and the fact that they deserve some credit too).

Also note: Pirated books should not be listed.. I'm assuming all the books available on the list are there legally, though, but just as a reminder.

I just found this book on how to make assemblers, I think (I haven't actually read it yet); http://www.davidsalomon.name/assem.advertis/asl.pdf

It's rather old, from 1993, but hey, it's free! I'll at least be skimming through it for the assembler I'm currently working on (for my game project).

Here's a more general overview of the book: http://www.davidsalomon.name/assem.advertis/AssemAd.html

Facebook    219

If you've found multiple books from a single source, please list the source! It might be useful to check out the site in the future, or for other goodies (and the fact that they deserve some credit too).

Also note: Pirated books should not be listed.. I'm assuming all the books available on the list are there legally, though, but just as a reminder.

I just found this book on how to make assemblers, I think (I haven't actually read it yet); http://www.davidsalo...dvertis/asl.pdf

It's rather old, from 1993, but hey, it's free! I'll at least be skimming through it for the assembler I'm currently working on (for my game project).

Here's a more general overview of the book: http://www.davidsalo...is/AssemAd.html

All of the books there are obtainable legally, and thanks for the support! I'll add that book* to the list! :)

Wkter    1893

All of the books there are obtainable legally, and thanks for the support! I'll add that book* to the list! :)

The book is actually called "Assemblers and Loaders", but you can add the "How to make assemblers" in parenthesis.

And you're welcome! I'll add a link to this topic in the "Rules and information" thread, so it's not lost due to old age! (Maybe I should place the "Useful resources" higher up in the topic?)

Facebook    219

The book is actually called "Assemblers and Loaders", but you can add the "How to make assemblers" in parenthesis.

And you're welcome! I'll add a link to this topic in the "Rules and information" thread, so it's not lost due to old age! (Maybe I should place the "Useful resources" higher up in the topic?)

Heh, maybe. Someone really dedicated to programming and contributing to this section would read the whole post though ;)

generic    1056

I'm proud to be the one who cast the fifth upvote to promote your post to snowflake status. Thank you so much for taking the time to compile this list.

Edit: Just a small suggestion: you might want to spoiler that immense list.

Edited by generic_fanboy

Facebook    219

I'm proud to be the one who cast the fifth upvote to promote your post to snowflake status. Thank you so much for taking the time to compile this list.

Edit: Just a small suggestion: you might want to spoiler that immense list.

Heh, I'll do that.

Edit: Done ^^;

Gawd60    22

Thanks bro for the websites your really helping me on my goal to learn Java.