Team Avolition
monkjo

What would you do if you could not buy used games?

Killjoy    53

so once they go to this new code verification system then no body will be able to share or lend games to friends...

sounds pretty stupid to me, if they take away our freedom to do what we want with our used games ill buy another system.

and if all systems start doing this ill never preorder another game, and wait for the reviews to make sure its worth my money

Edited by Killjoy

EmEff123    35

Continue playing PC games and laughing at filthy console peasants.

We have something in common.

Braddertt    29

Quite frankly, this would ruin gaming as we know it. What happens if, in the future, a certain game goes out of print and people still want to buy it and play it? Well, you couldn't buy it used, so people would sell the game for a ridiculous price because they have no competition.

Whatever happened to SNES games? Emulation. N64? Emulation. Atari 2600? Emulation. PS1? Emulation. PS2? Emulation.

If people want it, it will be made. Also, don't forget games are moving in the direction of entirely distributed online. Infinite shelf space. Many very retro PC and console games have been resurrected and preserved through these methods.

Marf    0

Quite frankly, this would ruin gaming as we know it. What happens if, in the future, a certain game goes out of print and people still want to buy it and play it? Well, you couldn't buy it used, so people would sell the game for a ridiculous price because they have no competition.

Whatever happened to SNES games? Emulation. N64? Emulation. Atari 2600? Emulation. PS1? Emulation. PS2? Emulation.

If people want it, it will be made. Also, don't forget games are moving in the direction of entirely distributed online. Infinite shelf space. Many very retro PC and console games have been resurrected and preserved through these methods.

gone will be the days of getting home excited, opening the box and holding the disk in your hand before sticking it into whatever console you own

also you can't wrap computer memory in a box ;-;

Braddertt    29

gone will be the days of getting home excited, opening the box and holding the disk in your hand before sticking it into whatever console you own

also you can't wrap computer memory in a box ;-;

Yeah, it's a tradition I will miss. But I understand why the heavy push for a full digitial distribution platform is happening (Taking out the swindling middle man) and I am willing to go with it for the sake of the industry. Nostalgia is an amazing thing, but also a dangerous thing. Sometimes, things are best let go.

Caronc    77

Same thing happened with Ps2 being converted to PS3 the earlier versions didn't have compatibility so they made the slim and gave it a higher price. I suspect the same from Microsoft.

Ketchuplord    224

Not being able to buy used games would be absolutely ridiculous. Microsoft is turning into a corporate greed mingebag.

DrRaiku    109

You could just buy new games?

I dont understand the problem (i preorder my games anyways :P)

• Upvote 1

1. Why the f is the first comment in black? ITS HARD TO READ!!!

2. (PRO TIP): Buy NEW games

3. This is why we have...wait for it... PC GAMES!!!

WhatsCS    1265

Continue playing PC games and laughing at filthy console peasants.

We have something in common.

Stop making me jealous of your non-shitty computers.

Mmm GTX 580 that runs BF3 and Skyrim on ultra with 40+ FPS. Oh how it looks so amazing :D

LikeABoss    0

To be honest, I find PC gaming to be highly overrated, and much more expensive. Sure, it looks slightly better if you have a top of the line computer, but other than that, I don't see the difference. Plus, most PC gamers tend to be really snotty and act like anything that is a console exclusive is a piece of garbage. Halo and LittleBigPlanet are obviously not pieces of garbage, but are rather, some of the best games ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

alo    43

To be honest, I find PC gaming to be highly overrated, and much more expensive. Sure, it looks slightly better if you have a top of the line computer, but other than that, I don't see the difference. Plus, most PC gamers tend to be really snotty and act like anything that is a console exclusive is a piece of garbage. Halo and LittleBigPlanet are obviously not pieces of garbage, but are rather, some of the best games ever.

Fair and honest points. But what leads you to think that PC gamers are 'snotty and act like anything that is a console exclusive is a piece of garbage'? I'd say that's just more of a huge generalization than anything. I played the Xbox for a loooong time and then made the switch to PC. I feel a lot more control in the games that I play with the use of a keyboard and mouse than a controller. I think Halo is a great game.

Again, back on the snotty thing, pretty much all console gamer I've ever met I've found to be complete pricks. They thought that if I wasn't playing CoD with the on the Xbox then I was an idiot. Anything can go both ways.

blind7125    1924

I would do nothing, but laugh as I play my dirt cheap BRAND NEW games from steam

WhatsCS    1265

Mmm GTX 580 that runs BF3 and Skyrim on ultra with 40+ FPS. Oh how it looks so amazing :D

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- WHY WHY WHY.

I'm still trying to get fucking World of Tanks to work on at least 10 FPS!

Bahaha, you might have to look up how to change it from DX9 to DX8. It may look like shit but it will run.