Team Avolition
LikeABoss

Do you think SOPA will pass?

LikeABoss    0

I certainly hope not. This would send us spiraling into a huge, crippling economic depression with businesses/websites shutting down left and right.

EmEff123    35

I certainly hope not. This would send us spiraling into a huge, crippling economic depression with businesses/websites shutting down left and right.

You have said my opinion already.

Left4Bread    1211

No, it's not going to pass. Enough senators have expressed disaproval, enough people have signed petitions, and the Obama administration itself has openly talked down on it, so no, I'm pretty sure we're safe.

How would they even implement and enforce it anyway?

From what it sounds like to me, the government would basically have a list of sites they wouldn't want you visiting that hosted copyrighted material, or anything else they don't like for that matter, then force your ISP to deny you access to that site.

And I really don't want it to pass either, hopefully the people in charge feel the same way

BipolarBear    281

No, it's not going to pass. Enough senators have expressed disaproval, enough people have signed petitions, and the Obama administration itself has openly talked down on it, so no, I'm pretty sure we're safe.

Well. If the Obama Administration has turned down the bill, the I guess we're clear. But these things have a way of coming back with a vengeance.

Edited by BipolarBear

JB_42    161

I doubt it. It's really hated by people. Even if it did pass, they'll probably regret passing it due to the reactions from everyone.

• Upvote 1

generic    1056

I'm pretty sure Obama said he'd veto it, so I'm not worried even if it does pass, which seems unlikely.

Ross    4

You could just use TOR to get past censorship if it did pass.

Edited by Ross

Qwonny    51
This would send us spiraling into a huge, crippling economic depression with businesses/websites shutting down left and right.

It's funny because it's already happening anyway.

ACU_D3m0n    12
This would send us spiraling into a huge, crippling economic depression with businesses/websites shutting down left and right.

Very true. ALl we can do is dd0s everything.

mmjtnist    64

Very true. ALl we can do is dd0s everything.

Get the DDoS hammer out.

ghskilla    89

Get the get-some-fucking-sense-hammer out and smack it right into the idiots that even thought of this idea in the first place. Wikipedia, Google, Mozilla, etc. are all protesting against this (Google now has a blacked-out Google image and Wikipedia is blacked out for 24-hours). And you know what might even be more retarded? This website might even get shut down because of the news/blogs/threads. Although I may be wrong, I still don't have all of the facts I need on it.

CARVERitUP    4995

I like how some HUGE websites are going down today for anti-SOPA protesting, but we see on Facebook nothing. Not even an awareness link. On the largest social community website in the world. And also one of the sites that would get FUCKED if the bill passed.

Mark Zuck don't give a Fuck.

cp133    341

Sitting in class and tech teacher is educating the class on it

Most of them are like:

O Mai god does this mean facebook?!!?!,?

WhoopiGoldberg    1184

Because he has enough money now that he doesn't need to give a fuck.

If this does pass, within a year there'll be another form of internet that gets around this. Even if that doesn't happen, there'll be methods of getting around the "protection" like a VPN or something. It's what hackers are for.

I'm from Australia, so it doesn't directly affect me, BUT the part I'm worried about is servers for American sites getting blocked from outbound connections. That, and Australian government is full of faggots who'll do anything America says...

Edited by WhoopiGoldberg

Marf    0

I like how some HUGE websites are going down today for anti-SOPA protesting, but we see on Facebook nothing. Not even an awareness link. On the largest social community website in the world. And also one of the sites that would get FUCKED if the bill passed.

a smart man knows when he doesn't need to give a fuck

zebser    1078

Here is why it shouldn't pass: If the Internet is ruined I will have to find something else to occupy my time. What if I make huge advances in weponry? Then we are that much closer to the end of the world.

butterghost    0

I kinda hope so so I can flood youtube with Copyright videos and music and they cant do shit about it because I live in Australia