Team Avolition
derp_wagon

[mod] Minecraft name scaling [1.2.5]

D4rk_Leg3nd    59

Could you possibly make it so their names are a bit more visable? Like make them red or green.\

Edit: I went on a server and i could only just see their names through walls. (colourwise) It is the right size of name but the colour needs to be different so i can see the different people.

Edited by D4rk_Leg3nd

IronWords    108

Promising, a little tweaks here and there and this could be an awesome mod. i see people abusing it in PVP servers though.

Edit: thought it canceled the sneak mode, nevermind.

Edited by IronWords

D4rk_Leg3nd    59

Hey dude do you reckon you can change the colour up a little and increase the distance? Make it solid too.(The text)

derp_wagon    51

Hey dude do you reckon you can change the colour up a little and increase the distance? Make it solid too.(The text)

I'm not going to be increasing the distance however i am working on increasing the visibility of the tags.

• Updated to 1.1
  • Changed the colour
  • Increased the size of the tags

Edited by derp_wagon

Megop3    0

Where in your code do you state at what distance of a player the name tag will render. I want to be able to see people farther away i just cant find where it is in the code. Im in my first year of computer science and still learning :).

Edited by Megop3

derp_wagon    51

Where in your code do you state at what distance of a player the name tag will render. I want to be able to see people farther away i just cant find where it is in the code. Im in my first year of computer science and still learning :).

Look under protected void renderLivingLabel. Then just find my equation. It's really easy to modify the max / min distance after you've found it. Although you can make it scale for an infinite distance, minecraft will not render the tag's if the chunk a player's in isn't rendered.

nemcaz    0

When they are sneaking the nameplate changes to normal size. Is there a way to change this?

derp_wagon    51

When they are sneaking the nameplate changes to normal size. Is there a way to change this?

Yeah, it can be done. I might fix it, but I haven't really been motivated to do so. I've been pretty busy.

Promising, a little tweaks here and there and this could be an awesome mod. i see people abusing it in PVP servers though.

Edit: thought it canceled the sneak mode, nevermind.

Hey, now it does! >:D

I kept that in mind when releasing the public version with anti-sneak. I decieded not to scale the sneaked tags. I'm yet to do this for my version lol.

Edited by derp_wagon

Hellparty    140

Very nice, I've been wondering how to do this. I'm basically retarded when it comes to math, so this helps a lot.

Very nice, I've been wondering how to do this. I'm basically retarded when it comes to math, so this helps a lot.

This doesn't really need math skills to do this.. or do they?

I don't know but I think it is kind of simple.

derp_wagon    51

This doesn't really need math skills to do this.. or do they?

I don't know but I think it is kind of simple.

It's really simple if you already know how to get the distance to another player. Which is also really easy.

• Upvote 1

D4rk_Leg3nd    59

Wow derp_wagon, I tried this for the third time and it is incredibly good. The size of the tags are just PERFECT. Well done.

derp_wagon    51

Wow derp_wagon, I tried this for the third time and it is incredibly good. The size of the tags are just PERFECT. Well done.