Team Avolition
turtlehero90

Halo 4: Will it suck?

Flicky    8

LET'S OPEN CURTAIN NUMBER 3 AND SEE WHAT 343 HAS ACTUALLY DONE FOR HALO

• Halo Waypoint (Brilliant)
  • Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (I love it, great revamp of the original)
  • Halo: Reach's Defiant Map Pack (I love Reach, and I love the multiplayer maps)
  • Great Bug Fixes to Halo Wars (Though they had no involvement in the development of the game)
  • Numerous books and comics (I've skimmed through some and I must say they're great)
  • Halo: The Forerunner Saga (Great comics about the Forerunners)

Plus, Bungie gave them a copy of the Halo Story Bible. You can't go wrong when they have that.

turtlehero90    47

Halo Reach was just corrupted with self gratification, same thing that ruined Call of Duty 100 years ago.

Halo Reach lacked purpose, balance and intrigue. Fucking boring game.

Halo 4 can be good, but only if it returns to what made Halo good: Closer to classics on gameplay, more skill orientated. This is done by moving the goals of multiplayer from rewards--gratification, like extra gear or ascetics, and changing it to rankings or ladders.

-Note that Halo Reach had a plot written by an 11-year old boy, an illiterate one at that too, explains why it is official canon.

reach DID have a purpose. in the first halo, you just get all of the sudden attacked by the aliens. no real backstory either for the rest of the halos. reach gave a backstory. i loved reach for the gameplay too.

LikeABoss    0

I don't understand all of the hate about Reach. Reach is my favorite out of the entire series. It improved the entire game engine that was in Halo 3, the Multiplayer is much more fun, and the campaign give you the backstory for the entire series. I guess people don't like it because it doesn't have Master Chief in it.

Bellitoris    0

I'm not sure about halo 4. I loved halo 1, 2, and 3 but everything after that was boring. Reach got really boring quickly. Armor abilities were a bad idea, I thought equipment was better. The multiplayer seemed like it moved more away from the original halo multiplayer and more toward call of duty type multiplayer. The game removed more vehicles than it added. The forge budget sucks and forgeworld lacked the movable items that made foundry such a good forge map in halo 3 (NO FUCKING PALLETS!!!?!!!!). On the plus side, I loved assasinations and I think adding more for halo 4 would be great. And I'm not a fan of all this backstory shit, I just wanna find out what happens to cheif.

Flicky    8

Again. It's not going to be made by Bungie. THEREFORE. IT. WILL. SUCK.

Listen.

If Bungie trusts these guys enough to give them one of the only four copies of the Halo Story Bible in existance, I think they're gonna do a good job.

Left4Bread    1211

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's going to suck. Even though I played the other games, ODST and beyond were pretty damn shitty. I'd love to see Halo 4 be good, but I think the chances of that are pretty slim. Although, we can't really judge 343i yet considering we haven't even seen any actual gameplay.

• Upvote 1

ODST, HALO WARS, AND REACH destroyed Halos reputation because they are all fucking garbage. If your a fan of Reach's gameplay over the original 3 then you dont deserve to be posting a comment here. Reach had no purpose. it wasn't even supposed to be made just like ODST. They destroyed the online gameplay of Halo when Reach came out. Im sorry but if sprint or armor abilities are in Halo 4 the game is already destroyed and broken. Halo 4 better be more like the original 3 or im done with video games. That's the only online game i care to play online

• Downvote 1

Left4Bread    1211

ODST, HALO WARS, AND REACH destroyed Halos reputation because they are all fucking garbage. If your a fan of Reach's gameplay over the original 3 then you dont deserve to be posting a comment here. Reach had no purpose. it wasn't even supposed to be made just like ODST. They destroyed the online gameplay of Halo when Reach came out. Im sorry but if sprint or armor abilities are in Halo 4 the game is already destroyed and broken. Halo 4 better be more like the original 3 or im done with video games. That's the only online game i care to play online

If that's the case, than you really need to broaden your horizons. There are a multitude of multiplayer games that are teeming with fun gameplay and strong communities, and honestly, if you choose to limit yourself to only a single game franchise, you're doing it wrong.

If that's the case, than you really need to broaden your horizons. There are a multitude of multiplayer games that are teeming with fun gameplay and strong communities, and honestly, if you choose to limit yourself to only a single game franchise, you're doing it wrong.

Im not limiting my myself to one game franchise ? lol I dont believe i stated anywhere that Halo is the only fps multiplayer game ive played did I ??? Exactly. Ive played COD, Battlefield, TF2, Crysis, Counter Strike, etc etc. IMO they all suck. IN MY OPINION before anyone rages on my ass. Id play Halo a thousand times over any of that crap. Halo is and always will be my favorite competitive game

Left4Bread    1211

Im not limiting my myself to one game franchise ? lol I dont believe i stated anywhere that Halo is the only fps multiplayer game ive played did I ??? Exactly. Ive played COD, Battlefield, TF2, Crysis, Counter Strike, etc etc. IMO they all suck. IN MY OPINION before anyone rages on my ass. Id play Halo a thousand times over any of that crap. Halo is and always will be my favorite competitive game

I'm actually interested. Can you explain to me why the other games suck? What's the difference between those games and Halo? They're all actually pretty similar, if you think about it.

BipolarBear    281

Hmmmmm. I don't know. Bungie lost a lot of creditability when Halo Reach came out, and 343i isn't exactly the hottest topic at the water cooler. I think this is a 'wait and see' issue.