Team Avolition
MuffinSeeker

Scale of the Universe

DaNoobz    435

It's quite amazing that we know about things smaller that atoms.

Anyway, I could sit there for hours playing with that.

TDF    12

Old, but it never ceases to amaze.

The Spore music is incredibly fitting.

Veridis    14

So, roughly 76 billion more years until we can see the estimated end of the universe. Can't fucking wait.

Edited by Veridis

bestdragon3    40

Wow... The fact that we know that much is just amazing, as well as seeing starts that can eat our entire solar system. Scary thoughts really. We are truly just another spec.

CaveJohnson12    207

So, roughly 76 billion more years until we can see the estimated end of the universe. Can't fucking wait.

By then the universe would have expanded by billions(or maybe trillions) of light years. We will NEVER see the end of the universe(if there is one).

cp133    341

"I like to think that when I drink water, I drink mickey mouse heads."

Lol.

It's the comment under the water molecule

WhatsCS    1265

When I get to my computer I'll look at the link, but I felt very insignificant when I saw the picture the Hubble took of all the galaxies.

TDF    12

By then the universe would have expanded by billions(or maybe trillions) of light years. We will NEVER see the end of the universe(if there is one).

Light years are a funny thing to think about. Looking out into the sky now, we're seeing stars that died out thousands upon millions of years ago in Earth's present day, like a visual time machine.

Also, I don't think you'd be able to actually "see" the end of the Universe, like some defined edge with nothing on the outside. Assuming the closed Universe theory, where the Universe is measurable and has an "end" but no boundaries, the Universe just loops around itself. From the Earth's point of view, the "end" would be Earth, because of the way it loops around. (Theoretically, if we could see that far and our sight traveled at a greater speed than that of light, we'd be able to see the Earth in the future. O:)

Edited by TDF

TDF    12

I wonder if there is something bigger than the universe.

Assuming the Multiverse theory, the short answer would be another older universe outside our own.

Xero-Space    2329

I wonder if there is something bigger than the universe.

Assuming the Multiverse theory, the short answer would be another older universe outside our own.

PLEASE! When I get into this shit, it makes my mind hurt just thinking about it. Can we talk about puppies instead?

Nope, it has already begun.