Team Avolition
Sign in to follow this  
Wolkenschlange

Re-introduction

Hello,

I just made some posts and a thread and I figured it's rude to just start doing stuff without a (re-)introduction

A few years ago I made this thread 

after lurking for a few days, but I didn't stay active for long.

Now I am 19 years old, a lot has changed in my life, and I can happily say a lot of changes have been very positive.

I quit my IT course because (I don't know how to translate this very well to English) it was mostly about fixing hardware issues and doing stupid fucking Cisco shit (no offense to anyone working with Cisco, I just can't stand it)

But I didn't quit college, I instead made a switch to a programming course.
Now I know there are more people who claim that the old Minecraft videos and the hacked clients and stuff got them into programming, this is also my case.

I didn't know shit about programming, but I kept looking stuff up online and that all began with Team Avolition stuff.
Don't be mistaken I'm not trying to be nostalgic because after lurking some more I have noticed most members are totally done with those old days, and I don't want to seem like someone who is just here for those old memories (although partially the reason that brought me here in the first place, this forum seems way more comfy than just nostalgic stuff)

Currently I am on my last internship as a backend webdeveloper.
Besides programming I started reading a lot of books recently, mostly about self-improvement.
I'm also returning to martial arts, I did kickboxing for a year. Then I started working out to gain weight, I gained 10kg (22lbs), now that I am in a different weight category I wanted to start fighting again to eventually start doing amateur matches.
I rarely play videogames anymore because I find myself busy with other stuff I enjoy doing, but my interests haven't faded away.

I don't write poetry anymore, that was mostly teenage-hormone induced stuff after listening to too much of The Doors, I do however sometimes write short stories, but not for reasons like showing them to other people, more as an exercise to practice creativity and the English language.

Hopefully this serves as somewhat of an introduction and I will try to be around more often as I do enjoy browsing these forums.

I would also like to add that I often have the feeling of wanting to post something, to be more active in the community, but find it hard to post something that's actually interesting or anything like that. So to prevent myself from shitposting I do a lot of thinking how people will react to threads/posts, this may cause it to seem like I am a very closed off person, but I'm not. I'm more of a listener than a speaker but I try to speak up here and there, where it's appropriate.

Thanks for reading

Edited by Wolkenschlange
Readability
  • Upvote 2