Team Avolition
Sirenfal

Server compromised and forum update

Sirenfal    4027

The server the forum was hosted on was compromised via another site on the same box. At this time I don't believe any forum data was stolen, but you should change your password here and anywhere else you reused it just to be safe.

As long as I was reformatting that box anyway, I went ahead and updated the forum to IPS4. I copied the theme from another website I run and stuck a background because that's less eyebleed than a flat color. I may or may not make a new dark theme soon, I'm not sure yet.

Since we're on IPS4 I also replaced the old shoutbox with a shoutbox I wrote that's nicer.

Welcome back, please let me know if you run into any issues. This was a big upgrade and I'd be surprised if there weren't some problems lurking.

• Upvote 4

Legion    543

Funnily enough my OG login username is gone and now it's just "Legion" pretty rad. IPS4 looks pretty good!

Xero-Space    2327

One issue I have is that I can't change my avatar, the edit button on the profile pic only has one option.

• Upvote 1

Valkyrie    1347

Clearly this wouldn't have happened if you were running Gentoo.

• Upvote 1

Sirenfal    4027
1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Clearly this wouldn't have happened if you were running Gentoo.

I actually wasn't, this box was four years old from way before I tried it. All my other servers use Gentoo, and now this one does too.

Too bad grsec is dead :C

RIP Hardened Gentoo

Niiyu    1233

Whoa! This has so much white space. I feel WEIRD.

Hi everyone, hi Krysk, hi bb's. <3 C:

• Upvote 2

greengreens1    138

As long as I can effectively shitpost I'm good. (Oh yeah I guess the format looks nice too)

117    17

new site isn't bad just have to get used to it.

KeroPearhart    385
20 hours ago, Niiyu said:

Whoa! This has so much white space. I feel WEIRD.

Hi everyone, hi Krysk, hi bb's. <3 C:

This is a bit rough on my eyesight at max brightness I must admit.

Sirenfal    4027
17 hours ago, KeroPearhart said:

This is a bit rough on my eyesight at max brightness I must admit.

I'm balancing a lot of stuff right now, but I'll definitely reskin a dark theme in the next few days DONE

Edited by Sirenfal
  • Upvote 2

Midori    131

I like the new design.

I'll try to list the bugs I encounter below:

SQL Query being displayed instead of members online today count.

Yqcfg0U.png

Shoutbox in collapsed mode doesn't match the style of collapsed forum categories. I'm not entirely sure if this is by design or an issue.

Rdl7dmw.png

Edited by Midori
Added shoutbox color issue

dejordzta    1686

Happy to whip up so new favicons and backgrounds if you'd like, Krysk. Glad the site's back. I actually quite like it!

Also, is there a way to change line-spacing (even per-user)? I've never been a fan of double spacing.

• Upvote 1

Sirenfal    4027
6 hours ago, dejordzta said:

Happy to whip up so new favicons and backgrounds if you'd like, Krysk. Glad the site's back. I actually quite like it!

Also, is there a way to change line-spacing (even per-user)? I've never been a fan of double spacing.

If you don't want double spaces in your own posts you can shift+enter instead of hitting enter for a new line. No way to change other people's posts.

A new favicon would be especially great, backgrounds could be cool too but I do love my dota waifus

dejordzta    1686
1 hour ago, Sirenfal said:

If you don't want double spaces in your own posts you can shift+enter instead of hitting enter for a new line. No way to change other people's posts.

A new favicon would be especially great, backgrounds could be cool too but I do love my dota waifus

Oh fucking ace. I realised it looks better once posted, the text editor appears to have a greater space - I can live with it, but the tip is welcomed xx
Sick, I'll give it a wiz tomorrow since I have some days off. Might take a look at bg's but if you're happy with your non-catgirl waifus (disgrace, what happened to you?) then I'll slate it for eventually. hahahahahahaseewhatididthere

Sirenfal    4027
30 minutes ago, dejordzta said:

Oh fucking ace. I realised it looks better once posted, the text editor appears to have a greater space - I can live with it, but the tip is welcomed xx
Sick, I'll give it a wiz tomorrow since I have some days off. Might take a look at bg's but if you're happy with your non-catgirl waifus (disgrace, what happened to you?) then I'll slate it for eventually. hahahahahahaseewhatididthere

I was actually thinking of doing a daily rotation for backgrounds, so if you want to make several be my guest, I'd love to see what you've got :D

• Upvote 2

Phlyrox    1112

in the old forum, there was a way to jump to first unread message in a thread from the updates list. Is there something similar for this version too? I can go to the most recent post but not the first unread.

Also the text as we're typing in the reply should be black / higher contrast.

Sirenfal    4027
9 hours ago, Phlyrox said:

in the old forum, there was a way to jump to first unread message in a thread from the updates list. Is there something similar for this version too? I can go to the most recent post but not the first unread.

Also the text as we're typing in the reply should be black / higher contrast.

Click the status icon

dDhGNcR.png

I'll fix the reply text in a bit

• Upvote 1