Team Avolition
revan114

Second Presidential Debate

revan114    1186

CuXuUOTXYAAN7rY.jpg

So the second presidential debate was last night, and it seems Trump won.

In the face of Trump's "sexist" comments, he responded with Bill Clinton's rape allegations, the emails, a whole host of shit. Trump was on the offense the entire time. Even in the face of the moderators who were obviously biased against him and were debating against him as well. He at one point even said "1 on 3".

Lotta good moments last night.

What'd you all think of it?

Afrodude4    199

The "Because you'd be in jail" line was incredible. Trump came back firing after the first debate and it was fun to see. Although I think they somehow talked about less issues this time around, I didn't think it would be possible.

asmcint    279

Some of Trump's rebuttals were good, but for the most part it was just him saying "Yeah this thing I did was bad but this thing over here is worse." Fuck's sake, the man wants people to ignore the man he was 10 years ago while constantly deflecting to the man Bill Clinton was 20 years ago. In fact, I don't think he actually gave an actual answer to much of anything the entire debate.

While I hate both candidates equally, I at least found Hillary's performance in the debate(except when faced with the emails) tolerable.

Edited by asmcint
  • Upvote 3

MasterFux    390

Trump completely destroyed them from what I understand. He's doing a pretty good job lately of debunking, allaying, or outright deflecting allegations against him. It's almost like he's scandal-proof at this point, his PR is remarkable. Regardless of what you say or think about him, it's undeniable that his campaign has been one of the most effective in history. He came from being a highly dismissed underdog to one of the largest most cohesive movements I've ever seen.

As for asm's post, I just want to point out that while it was a deflection, in my opinion it was almost a valid one. It was Trump talking about women before he knew he'd be running for president (in which he really didn't say anything bad) versus Bill actually raping and sexually assaulting women during and after his time in office.

When it comes to policy, I can't say I agree with Trump on everything, but holy shit is this guy the medicine this country needs at this point. People need to learn to accept democracy and that other people have different opinions rather than throwing massive tantrums that a fucking political opponent is winning. I can only imagine massive outrage and riots if Trump manages to win- not because of anything he did, but because of the complete childishness displayed by the left.

Also, obligatory fuck the Clintons. If you haven't realized how or why they're corrupt assholes at this point, then you haven't looked deep enough.

Edited by MasterFux

Narka    614

Some of Trump's rebuttals were good, but for the most part it was just him saying "Yeah this thing I did was bad but this thing over here is worse." Fuck's sake, the man wants people to ignore the man he was 10 years ago while constantly deflecting to the man Bill Clinton was 20 years ago. In fact, I don't think he actually gave an actual answer to much of anything the entire debate.

While I hate both candidates equally, I at least found Hillary's performance in the debate(except when faced with the emails) tolerable.

They're both geniuses. Don't convince yourself of anything less; they know exactly what they're saying when they say it, bar pretty much nothing. Trump knows that if he presses Clinton's buttons into addressing that tape, it will end her. The damage has already been done to Trump; he can talk about it all he likes and it will make no difference (within reason). If and when she addresses that recording, Trump will still be hurt, but she'll be hurt one worse and lose any edge that tape gave her. Wild Bill's multiple extra-marital affairs and her involvement with them, along with her crass handling of the child rape case would result in blowback bad enough to give you secondhand embarrassment.

I don't think there was a winner. Trump definitely came off stronger but they're still treading water. The only thing that blew me away was (again) how fucking bad the moderation was. The 3v1 comment was fucking killer because Raddatz went out of her way to confirm it; why in the fuck would you ever, ever, ever interject conjecture like that into a question? Any chance of him floundering that question went out the fucking window when she did that.

Cooper did the same shit when he loaded up a full magazine on that question about the tape. Why the fuck would you do that? Trying to seduce a married woman isn't sexual assault (even if it is shitty), and saying that you just "grab 'em by the pussy" is about as practical as actually "grabbing life by the horns". What am I supposed to do? Get a good fistful? He said wildly inappropriate shit that rightfully hurt his campaign. He didn't say that he physically (or otherwise) coerced a woman into sexual relations with him. There's quite a difference.

blind7125    1924

He didn't say that he physically (or otherwise) coerced a woman into sexual relations with him. There's quite a difference.

Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

I enjoyed how Trump deflected the tape though. Hillary can't say shit about it, without seeming like a petty shit-flinger if she doesn't address her own skeletons. It demonstrates to everyone she doesn't give a flying fuck about the morality of the tape. Hillary really needs to stay away from Trump, and stick to policy where he's a tad weaker and more inexperienced. Don't call him racist or sexist, because he's already couched his statements in such a way he can rationalize it away with his supporters. Instead, focus on how he's going to build the wall, ask for specifics. Although, she'll run into the exact same hypocrisy if her current policies remain so surface level and without specifics.

He's simply a better troll than her, and he'll return her snark 10 times harder and funnier.

Edited by blind7125

Nessosin    705

I did not think Trump won, or sounded stronger. To me it looked like he was spiraling out of control and came across as childish with how often he interrupted Clinton. Neither of them did well, but I think Clinton came out of it looking better than him.

Remy    307

Kind of a mixed bag. Trump was solid for a while, but kept backpedalling when it came time to discuss policies and shot himself in the foot a few too many times with a couple of contradictory statements. But nothing to completely destabilise his position. Clinton was her standard fare; mention how incompetent and unfit Trump is to be President, all the while forgetting to mention what she will actually do as President when she's elected. Still, Trump surprisingly held his own about the tape fiasco and managed to bullshit his way out of the subject, all the while Clinton kept bringing back up like he wanted her to and not actually discussing her policies. But when he resorted to interrupting her mid-statement, that was when things started to go downhill for him.

In the end, Clinton did come out this cleaner than Trump did. And not to mention the 5 main figureheads of the Republican party withdrawing their support for Trump and most swing-states shifting their preference to the Democrats doesn't help his situation either. Do you reckon he can pull it back, or do you guys reckon this is going to be the final nail in the coffin?

Narka    614

-snip-

Random kissing is inappropriate 99.9% of the time. However, in the same tape he also said he gave up trying to seduce the woman when she wasn't OK with continuing. Trump sexually assaulting a woman wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but that tape by itself is not enough to load a question like that and have it end well. Random kisses are sexual assault, but it doesn't register for a lot of people. When most people hear "sexual assault", they start thinking "Ray Rice, cigar tube in pussy, hold 'er tighter she's a fighter" felony sexual assault. If he had said anything along the lines of "I just keep going, even if they say no", it would have (rightfully) been game over, but that's yet to happen.

Apparently there's more tapes. Some people say they're less severe and some people say they're a lot worse. Time will tell.

blind7125    1924

Random kissing is inappropriate 99.9% of the time. However, in the same tape he also said he gave up trying to seduce the woman when she wasn't OK with continuing. Trump sexually assaulting a woman wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but that tape by itself is not enough to load a question like that and have it end well. Random kisses are sexual assault, but it doesn't register for a lot of people. When most people hear "sexual assault", they start thinking "Ray Rice, cigar tube in pussy, hold 'er tighter she's a fighter" felony sexual assault. If he had said anything along the lines of "I just keep going, even if they say no", it would have (rightfully) been game over, but that's yet to happen.

Apparently there's more tapes. Some people say they're less severe and some people say they're a lot worse. Time will tell.

If it's even something he did for real lol. To clarify a little better, it's sexual assault if someone refused and came forward. As far as we know, no one has come forward whether that be they really did all enjoy it, didn't come forward for whatever reason, or were coerced not to in Clinton-esque style. Pretty risk behavior, IF he did shit like that.

Narka    614

-snip-

Indeed; I probably should have worded it "random kissing can be sexual assault". If anybody was coming forward I don't know why they would hold out. At this point, I can't say what might happen next.

Apparently the people with the follow up videos above have some on Clinton, too, but it's possible I've misinterpreted the tweets. This shit is about to get wild.

Edited by BeeJesus

Sirenfal    4038

I think you're missing his point. Trump's point is that Hillary covers for and enables Bill Clinton's behavior to this day, which seems pretty well founded from past evidence. It's not about what Bill Clinton did, it's about Hillary being two-faced, espousing views that should include her husband but excluding him due to political expediency and personal gain.

In short: How can she call Trump sexist and describe his "pussy grab" conversation as "discussing sexual assault" without also condemning her husband? Which, naturally, she hasn't ever done and never will do because it would be political suicide.

• Upvote 3

blind7125    1924

I think you're missing his point. Trump's point is that Hillary covers for and enables Bill Clinton's behavior to this day, which seems pretty well founded from past evidence. It's not about what Bill Clinton did, it's about Hillary being two-faced, espousing views that should include her husband but excluding him due to political expediency and personal gain.

In short: How can she call Trump sexist and describe his "pussy grab" conversation as "discussing sexual assault" without also condemning her husband? Which, naturally, she hasn't ever done and never will do because it would be political suicide.

I still won't vote for him, but people shit on Trump for being ignorant, when he's extremely cunning. He knew a moment like this would come out, and it'd have to be at the end of the election when people care most. There's no way he could have won on policy alone, so he went for building a rage machine of Hillary supporters. He put the noose on her neck the moment he commented on illegal immigrants and building a wall, leaving Hillary's own supporters to slowly tighten it. The hate boner for Trump has become so extreme, that HRC supporters can only focus on screaming every -ism in the book at him. Hillary has no choice but to attack him for sexism and racism, lest her own voters put one in her skull for not confronting bigotry. Except, Trump wanted this to happen just to point out her blatant moral void and hypocrisy. Will it be effective though? Who knows.

I may have a strong moral dislike for Trump, but I respect the hell out of him. I have never seen someone employ the test, comment, and evoke manipulation style so effectively on two groups of this size. This might be one close race if no major scandal arises.

Edited by blind7125
  • Upvote 2

KeroPearhart    385

Another painful reminder that New York will still blindly follow the Clintons, even if it's straight to the bottom of the Hudson.

majesty327    206

The man Donald Trump was 10 years ago didn't commit crimes.

The man Bill Clinton was 20 years ago raped a 12 year old.

The Clintons crimes should've kept them in prison up to this point, and beyond.

Trotterly    996

The man Donald Trump was 10 years ago didn't commit crimes.

Actually, there's an actual case going on that involves an accusation that Trump raped a 13-year old girl, as well as four teenagers in a pageant making claims that Trump walked into a locker room while the girls were still undressed. So yeah, there's kinda that.

The man Bill Clinton was 20 years ago raped a 12 year old.

As for this, I have honestly never heard of this allegation and don't see any truth to it considering that I believe you're mixing up two stories. Bill Clinton did get accused of rape from several people, but not of a 12-year old (correct me if I'm wrong). Think you're mixing up a story where Hillary Clinton was accused of laughing at a 12-year old rape victim during an unpublished interview on the aftermath of a court case over 40 years ago.

EDIT: As for the debate itself, I think Hillary Clinton won. You could say I'm biased or whatever, but the four major scientific polls that were done all have Clinton in the lead. Trump was a little better than in the last debate, but he didn't improve much. He kept interrupting Clinton, something that he was criticized for doing before. When asked about the grabbing of the girl's crotch thingy, I honestly think he gave a lame excuse. There's not really any excuse for bragging about how your fame gets you sex, but apparently it's locker room talk and all men do it. Either way, he shifted the question to talking about ISIS for some reason. I also disagreed when he said "one on three". His previous point was the fact that Anderson Cooper wasn't bringing up the emails. Kind of a bullshit point considering they were just talking about Clinton's emails seconds before this. They obviously have to move on as I doubt the whole debate should be just talk about the emails, and there's not all of the debate to talk about them.

When considering all of these points and forming your own conclusion, we must remember that Ken Bone is the greatest person in the world and we don't deserve his greatness in this shitty election cycle.

Edited by Trotterly

blind7125    1924

There's not really any excuse for bragging about how your fame gets you sex, but apparently it's locker room talk and all men do it.

There isn't an excuse, because you don't need one. There's absolutely nothing wrong with talking about fame bringing the pussy (it might be a little sad if that's only reason though lol). If I was famous, single, and women threw their pussy at me all the time, I'd for damn sure take advantage. It's when you start talking about potential sexual assault that it's a big deal.

...Seriously, if people can't handle others talking about pursuing or enjoying sex, then they need some serious cream for the butthurt. Looking at a woman (or anyone really), finding her attractive, and pursuing her solely for sex is not wrong at all. Talking with your friends about how great it felt while fucking her isn't wrong either. This bullshit about objectifying women or people in general really needs to stop, it's practically meaningless now. In the case of sexually objectifying women, it's only so if you treat women as a glorified fleshlight. Hell, looking at a woman and saying "Boy, she's really fucking stupid, but damn is she hot and I'd like to fuck her" isn't wrong either. The person saying that still acknowledges the stupid woman is a person like anyone else first and foremost, but just one who they wouldn't like as a person outside of sex. Looking at women and evaluating your attraction them is not objectification. Pursuing a woman just for sex isn't objectification. Talking about having sex with women isn't objectification.

Edited by blind7125

Narka    614

case

accusation

claims

polls

As of now, the hard evidence that we have on Trump is him saying he can grab em' by the pussy. Rich people attract frivolous lawsuits at the asshole. We have a tape of Hillary flippantly cracking jokes about a pretty brutal rape case, and know that Bill has been in multiple extramarital affairs. He has also payed out $850,000 in a court case against him *that was dismissed*.

Those "scientific" polls are usually dogshit. NBC (among many others) has severe sampling issues. RealClearPolitics is an aggregate of other flawed polls. The LA Times predicted the last election within a percent and have Trump in a passable position, but I'm thinking they're overshooting his numbers. Brexit polls obviously weren't even close to the outcome. This is not like any other election we've seen.

Edited by BeeJesus

revan114    1186

Actually, there's an actual case going on that involves an accusation that Trump raped a 13-year old girl, as well as four teenagers in a pageant making claims that Trump walked into a locker room while the girls were still undressed. So yeah, there's kinda that.

As for this, I have honestly never heard of this allegation and don't see any truth to it considering that I believe you're mixing up two stories. Bill Clinton did get accused of rape from several people, but not of a 12-year old (correct me if I'm wrong). Think you're mixing up a story where Hillary Clinton was accused of laughing at a 12-year old rape victim during an unpublished interview on the aftermath of a court case over 40 years ago.

EDIT: As for the debate itself, I think Hillary Clinton won. You could say I'm biased or whatever, but the four major scientific polls that were done all have Clinton in the lead. Trump was a little better than in the last debate, but he didn't improve much. He kept interrupting Clinton, something that he was criticized for doing before. When asked about the grabbing of the girl's crotch thingy, I honestly think he gave a lame excuse. There's not really any excuse for bragging about how your fame gets you sex, but apparently it's locker room talk and all men do it. Either way, he shifted the question to talking about ISIS for some reason. I also disagreed when he said "one on three". His previous point was the fact that Anderson Cooper wasn't bringing up the emails. Kind of a bullshit point considering they were just talking about Clinton's emails seconds before this. They obviously have to move on as I doubt the whole debate should be just talk about the emails, and there's not all of the debate to talk about them.

When considering all of these points and forming your own conclusion, we must remember that Ken Bone is the greatest person in the world and we don't deserve his greatness in this shitty election cycle.

thanks for correcting the record ctr shill.

But seriously though, this is so obviously a smear campaign. They're trying to dig up as much shit on Trump as they can. The people who are saying he raped the 12 year old are the same people who tried suing him for that other bullshit. It's a bunch of bullshit. We're nearing the end of the election and now is the time for all this shit to start being thrown up as a last ditch effort to stop him.

blind7125    1924

-snip-

-snip-

Don't you always find it odd that when a major public figure or celebrity is accused of multiple sexual crimes, they usually occurred over a decade ago? It starts with one person publicly claiming something, and then suddenly more are being found with similar stories everywhere? Take Bill Cosby's case, there's practically zero evidence, but there are 55 accusers. It's the same situation playing out. I mean, sure, the accused is rich and/or powerful so it might be scary to bring a case. In Trump's case though, more than enough people have been calling for his head on sexism. It's only after this tape comes out that women come from the woodwork with claims.

Also, the guardian appears to be calling bullshit on the 13 year old story. Their investigation seems to point towards a former Jerry Springer producer by the name of Al Taylor, who's been involved with many shady claims in the past. He appears to be pretty much responsible for organizing the lawsuit with "Katie Johnson".

Edited by blind7125

KeroPearhart    385

I literally blurted out Monika Lewinsky while in the waiting area of the Sears auto section while ABC News is showing Trump on the screen and it got nothing, not even a dirty look from the 6 or so other customers also waiting there.

We're not even at the last debate and I'm just tired, tired of this election cycle.

• Upvote 1

Maniakdude    100

I am quite tired of the political discussions at my place of employment. This feels more like a set-up for a shit-tier joke set up by the Ringling brothers rather than an election.

• Upvote 1

asmcint    279

I am quite tired of the political discussions at my place of employment. This feels more like a set-up for a shit-tier joke set up by the Ringling brothers rather than an election.

Well there's certainly enough clowns for it lately, and I'm not just referring to the politicians. I get the feeling Pennywise is gonna sue some bitches soon.