Team Avolition
Ellipzocore

The Time, man, where did it go?

Ellipzocore    152

I have been a member for five years this October 9th. Where did the time go, and how did it go so damn fast?

I feel old seeing my join date, even though I am only 20. It is freaky, man.

Akashino    68

did you honestly feel like this deserved a thread on it's own, or did you just want coherent responses different from the ones you get in the shoutbox?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 13

majesty327    206

It's very simple OP.

You could've spent that time learning a new language, travelling the world, carving out your own little piece of the world, and making your mark.

Instead you spent that time consuming useless media for the sake of something as dispensable and fleeting as entertainment.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Remy    307

I feel you, broheim. It's only felt like it was yesterday when I was 15 in highschool, playing vidya games, not giving a shit about responsibilities and general living life as lazily as possible. 6 years go by like that, and here I am with my own freelance design business, money in the bank, plans for the future and window shopping for apartments to rent.

The times they are a changin', my friends.

Lynx OGrady    406

Guys.... you're looking at this way too negatively

Does time seem to have sped up now that we're older? yea, it has. I cant begin to tell you fast a week goes by in my world. But sitting back and almost complaining that shits moving way too fast isn't going to solve anything.

Dont be a creature of circumstance, create the circumstances around you so they benefit you. I moved out of NY couple years back to do something different. Granted... that didnt come to fruition and now im sort of, sitting stagnant working in a factory in Northeast Ohio. However, I only see that as temporary while I gather resources (cash, better vehicle, etc.etc.) I dont plan on being here long, matter of fact, moving south sounds intriguing

• Upvote 1

AnalAvenger    324

I feel the exact same way, despite the fact that I'm only 16.

It's pretty rough, especially when you come to the realization that one day, this site will close. I'm not sure what the fuck I'll do when it does. I barely ever even post, but it's still such a staple of my activities on the internet.

Meowingtons    100

I feel the exact same way, despite the fact that I'm only 16.

So when you started in 2011 you were 11 or 12 years old and you came up with the name "AnalAvenger"? Better name than I could ever make I guess.

• Upvote 1

AnalAvenger    324

So when you started in 2011 you were 11 or 12 years old and you came up with the name "AnalAvenger"? Better name than I could ever make I guess.

No, I accidentally have this as my name because I forgot to change it back before my Subscriber ended.

My original name was arguable worse: Easy_Money470.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just realised that I posted this on my 5 year anniversary.

Goddamn, dude.

Edited by AnalAvenger

Ellipzocore    152

It's very simple OP.

You could've spent that time learning a new language, travelling the world, carving out your own little piece of the world, and making your mark.

Instead you spent that time consuming useless media for the sake of something as dispensable and fleeting as entertainment.

Does making my own language count instead of learning one?

majesty327    206

Does making my own language count instead of learning one?

Only if you force the local barbarians to speak the language in an attempt to make them human.

• Upvote 1

Ellipzocore    152

Only if you force the local barbarians to speak the language in an attempt to make them human.

I agree. Force the savages into civilized behavior. It makes me hard.

Kavemium    454

I want to go back to the past where I didn't have to worry about so much. Where I could enjoy stupid videos on YouTube, play games without feeling annoyed at something mundane. :~(

• Upvote 1

NumberZero21    98

I want to go back to the past where I didn't have to worry about so much. Where I could enjoy stupid videos on YouTube, play games without feeling annoyed at something mundane. :~(

This times 1000

Afrodude4    199

No, I accidentally have this as my name because I forgot to change it back before my Subscriber ended.

My original name was arguable worse: Easy_Money470.

If it makes you feel better I liked your old name more.

Xero-Space    2330

If it makes you feel better I liked your old name more.

I miss the old Easy_Money470, straight from the 'Go Easy_Money470

Chop up the soul Easy_Money470, set on his goals Easy_Money470

I hate the new Easy_Money470, the bad mood Easy_Money470

The always rude Easy_Money470, spaz in the news Easy_Money470

I miss the sweet Easy_Money470, chop up the beats Easy_Money470

I gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet Easy_Money470

See I invented Easy_Money470, it wasn't any Easy_Money470

And now I look and look around and there's so many Easy_Money470

I used to love Easy_Money470, I used to love Easy_Money470

I even had the pink Polo, I thought I was Easy_Money470

What if Easy_Money470 made a song, about Easy_Money470?

Called "I Miss The Old Easy_Money470," man that would be so Easy_Money470

That's all it was Easy_Money470, we still love Easy_Money470

And I love you like Easy_Money470 loves Easy_Money470

dejordzta    1688

5 years and 22 days ago. Jesus Christ.

inb4 Krysk and ChappyTimeLarry and co "I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE TWO THOUSAND AND MOTHERFUCKING EIGHT"

Niiyu    1234

My fifth year is coming up myself. Feels weird huh? I know I'm not around like I used to be, but I still have this forum on my favorites bar and I just wore my "Hello My Friend" shirt fondly. I hope everyone is doing well and is finding their success!

• Upvote 1

greengreens1    138

Tfw we were all 15 year olds just wanting to play video games

Tfw we're all adults now and supposed to be doing something with our lives.

Afrodude4    199

Tbh I'm pushing adulthood and I still just want to play video games.

Meowingtons    100

I genuinely don't enjoy games as much at all anymore. I like watching other people play them though..

Ellipzocore    152

I genuinely don't enjoy games as much at all anymore. I like watching other people play them though..

I have been feeling the same thing. I remember these words of wisdom from Error:

You have just become older.

its a cycle, it wont stop until you find another autism hobby.

Play actual other games besides shit.

Edited by Ellipzocore

PigHunter    301

I wish i hated video games tbh, it'd make it easier to focus on things that actually matter. I can barely put two hours into personal projects a day anymore.

greengreens1    138

For me it's not as much as I don't enjoy playing games, it's just I feel like I should be doing something more productive and actually useful. Especially during the school year when I feel like I should be studying more now that I switched majors and have a really hard semester coming up.