Team Avolition
Ricer_Corolla_

Speed Running GTA III ?

dejordzta    1688

I have GTA III. Are you going to be filming yourself doing a speed run or are you asking for help on the best way possible? Thread kinda has no point aside from asking if we illegally downloadedown GTA III

asmcint    279

I have GTA III. Are you going to be filming yourself doing a speed run or are you asking for help on the best way possible? Thread kinda has no point aside from asking if we illegally downloadedown GTA III

Not to mention that the Random section is entirely the wrong place for this thread. Would probably belong under Gaming>Other if not Gaming>Sandbox

Repost    379

I can't even get GTA III to run on any modern machine for some reason..

revan114    1186

That's because San Andreas is best GTA.

• Upvote 4

Tomatoesalad    545

That's because San Andreas is best GTA.

The newest one only has a mildly retarded story, I do miss playing pac-man with the low riders and pedestrians

Asking if anyone else is speed running the game, I've started to learn how to run the game myself for about 4-5 weeks now.

The steam release is horribly broken, You'll need to patch it with a particle.txd file, which will fix the dark colored textures, + The game is pretty unstable considering it's running on Direct X8? I believe.

-Don't run the game in widescreen it'll break the crosshair which will stop you from aiming correctly

-Don't run the game in 60fps it'll break the GAMES PHYSICS (GUN TO HEAD)

Repost    379

The steam release is horribly broken, You'll need to patch it with a particle.txd file, which will fix the dark colored textures, + The game is pretty unstable considering it's running on Direct X8? I believe.

-Don't run the game in widescreen it'll break the crosshair which will stop you from aiming correctly

-Don't run the game in 60fps it'll break the GAMES PHYSICS (GUN TO HEAD)

Holy shit that sucks, sounds like I'm never gonna play it, and will just play San Andreas or V.

Edited by Repost

asmcint    279

Holy shit that sucks, sounds like I'm never gonna play it, and will just play San Andreas or V.

Actually the 60fps bit varies from person to person. Some people play it just fine at 60, others experience hell.

dejordzta    1688

I've found patching it and using Silent's SilentPatch to be very useful. Runs fine for me in laptop res, and iirc he recommends to keep the Frame Limiter on?

Back to sPEED RUNNING, I'm not. I'm just casually going through it because I'm too busy working to give it a shot. In saying that, compared to SA or IV, 3 is proving very easy to advance quickly in. I'd love to give it a shot and see how fast I can do it. What's your record atm?