Team Avolition
Maniakdude

The Alcohol Thread

Maniakdude    100

I have been wanting to make a thread regarding alcohol, but I have been unsure as to if there has been one. I have yet to find one after a few weeks of searching, so if there is one, please forgive me.

I have been trying a few drinks since my twenty-first birthday, and I must say that I have a soft spot for Crown Royal and Jack. There are a few hard sodas that I enjoy, and was wondering if anybody could recommend some drinks. What are some of your favorite drinks, general populace of the aVo forums?

Edit: For those who are below the legal drinking age of your country, and has not done so, do you want to try a drink? If you do, what kind of alcoholic beverage would you like to try?

Edited by Maniakdude

PigHunter    301

I've been drinking for a hot minute now, as my parents are chill with a little under aged drinking. I enjoy whisky immensely, and Maker's Mark is by far the favourite I've tried. I have a bottle sitting in my desk at all times. If you like smoking cigars, Marker's Mark cigars are fucking fantastic too. The wrap is soaked in whisky and they're smooth as hell.

If you're a fan of hard sodas you have to drink hard ciders, because they're tasty as hell. And if you like hard cider get or make some apple jack. It's just a concentrated hard cider and it's dangerously smooth.

Meowingtons    100

I've been trying all sorts of things for a few years now but I haven't found anything I particularly enjoy. Perhaps you guys can give me some suggestions, I've enjoyed ciders from time to time and I drink a lot of sweet fizzy drinks when I'm working.

generic    1056

Cheap vodka in sprite at parties. Doesn't matter how you get there IMO.

• Upvote 2

Tomatoesalad    545

I've been drinking for a hot minute now, as my parents are chill with a little under aged drinking. I enjoy whisky immensely, and Maker's Mark is by far the favourite I've tried. I have a bottle sitting in my desk at all times. If you like smoking cigars, Marker's Mark cigars are fucking fantastic too. The wrap is soaked in whisky and they're smooth as hell.

If you're a fan of hard sodas you have to drink hard ciders, because they're tasty as hell. And if you like hard cider get or make some apple jack. It's just a concentrated hard cider and it's dangerously smooth.

This may be the most American thing I've ever read...

blind7125    1924

Greendragon > Bud > Alcohol

Never been a huge fan of getting cross-faded.

Repost    379

tfw you'll never be able to drink alcohol

I don't think I'll miss much to be honest

Edited by Repost

iPickedScout    682

Angel's Envy, Basil Hayden, Woodford Reserve, Blanton's, Hennessy, and a few others I can't remember atm. Other than those i'm a big fan of Cakebread's merlot, 2008-2010 are all pretty good, but most stores usually stock 2012ish now.

PigHunter    301

Never been a huge fan of getting cross-faded.

I can't drink very much of the stuff as it gets me way too fucked up. It's generally a good time if I respect my limits though.

This may be the most American thing I've ever read...

Maniakdude    100

Whenever I hit the drinks, I usually get something to eat, since starting on an empty stomach was never my best idea. I usually stick with burgers or mozzarella sticks. What do you fine folks eat when you drink?

greengreens1    138

2075.jpg

This stuff with hot chocolate is really really good. The regular Chocolate one is really good as well

• Upvote 1

MasterFux    390

tfw you'll never be able to drink alcohol

I don't think I'll miss much to be honest

wai?

Flash    488

I like rum and coke, actually drinking it right now. Gin and tonic is also pretty good, I usually like it with Bombay if I have the money for it. In terms of beer I like Oberon, its a very nice wheat beer that isn't to heavy. Raspberry Iambic is also really good if you don't like the taste of alcohol but still want to drink. To be honest though drugs are way better than drinking, drinking you wake up puke for an hour and regret existing. Btw anyone know any good hard liquors to sip on while smoking? Recently bought a tobacco pipe while I was in Portland and I really like it, thought it would be nice to sip on something while I smoke.

PigHunter    301

I like rum and coke, actually drinking it right now. Gin and tonic is also pretty good, I usually like it with Bombay if I have the money for it. In terms of beer I like Oberon, its a very nice wheat beer that isn't to heavy. Raspberry Iambic is also really good if you don't like the taste of alcohol but still want to drink. To be honest though drugs are way better than drinking, drinking you wake up puke for an hour and regret existing. Btw anyone know any good hard liquors to sip on while smoking? Recently bought a tobacco pipe while I was in Portland and I really like it, thought it would be nice to sip on something while I smoke.

If you like your whisky Jamoson, Makers Mark, or pretty much any mid/high shelf whisky is pretty great to sip on while smoking. Bailees plus coffee is my favourite while day drinking.

• Upvote 1

Nessosin    705
. Btw anyone know any good hard liquors to sip on while smoking? Recently bought a tobacco pipe while I was in Portland and I really like it, thought it would be nice to sip on something while I smoke.

Anything quality is good to sip on, try Scotch or Whiskey those, those will be especially good. Talisker is a good Scotch that I enjoy but it's pricier. Jameson isn't too expensive for Whiskey and can be enjoyed while sipping. A dry gin martini would be very nice as well.

My favorite drinks are:

Craft beer: generally I prefer porters, stouts, pale ales, or IPAs. I don't care for flavored beers or really light beers.

Wine: I like dry wines, either red or white depending on what I'm eating or how warm it is outside. In general I prefer reds however

Liquor: whiskey, scotch, or bourbon neat. Dry gin martini with blue cheese stuffed olives. I have to make that at home because no one ever does it right and I'm very picky about my martinis.

• Upvote 1

Repost    379

wai?

Most epilepsy medicine that I've been on specifically says no alcohol, and I'll probably be on some sort of anticonvulsant indefinitely

blind7125    1924

Tequila.

Most epilepsy medicine that I've been on specifically says no alcohol, and I'll probably be on some sort of anticonvulsant indefinitely

Shit fucks you up man. Starberry has had two in the last two months (about a month a part, and it's been a couple weeks over a month since the last. Hopefully it was a one time deal) and they injected her with Lorazepam after the first one. Fuck that shit. She was unconscious within a minute after waking her up, puking every 5 minutes, and generally just completely out of it. Hell, walking her back to the apartment looked like I was trying to coax a date rape drug victim into our apartment. Seizures can make one a bit loopy afterwards due to the post-ictal phase, but she was entirely lucid UNTIL they gave her that shit. They prescribed her Keppra after the second one, and she is avoiding it like the plague unless she feels another aura or gets a seizure. I took the Keppra just to see what it was like, and the best way I can describe it, is that my body felt drunk while my mind was pretty clear. I was fumbling over my silverware trying to eat, and I couldn't ever turn my head without overshooting. It was like there was delay between when I said to stop, and when my muscles actually followed through. Felt like my stomach was in my throat too. Eh, I hear your body has to adjust.

You should try CBD lol, if your doc is cool with it.

Edited by blind7125
  • Upvote 3

Tomatoesalad    545

Anything quality is good to sip on, try Scotch or Whiskey those, those will be especially good. Talisker is a good Scotch that I enjoy but it's pricier. Jameson isn't too expensive for Whiskey and can be enjoyed while sipping. A dry gin martini would be very nice as well.

My favorite drinks are:

Craft beer: generally I prefer porters, stouts

Try Old Rasputin Imperial Russian Stout, it's delicious and about 9%abv

Nessosin    705

Try Old Rasputin Imperial Russian Stout, it's delicious and about 9%abv

My favorite ever is Stone Russian Imperial stout but I only see it at the store about once per year. I'll look for Old Rasputin and see how it compares.