Team Avolition
Sign in to follow this  
Krikilla

Arkansas State Capitol

Krikilla    58

Today, the class and I had to take a long 3-4 hour trip to the Arkansas state capitol in Little Rock. We got to see the House of Representatives in session for about 3 minutes, then they welcomed us. It was cool, because I'm not use to being around gigantic buildings, since I live in a very small town in Arkansas. I constantly looked at this website for any updates while I was on the bus. I enjoyed the trip and I am most likely going to the U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C. when I'm in college. Have you ever been to your state capitol or the U.S. Capitol?

• Upvote 1

generic    1056

I went to the US capitol in eighth grade. We went in the House of Representatives. It was one guy giving a speech to a literally empty room. Then we saw George Washington's house and went home.

Krikilla    58

I went to the US capitol in eighth grade. We went in the House of Representatives. It was one guy giving a speech to a literally empty room. Then we saw George Washington's house and went home.

Sounds like I'd like it. I went through a phase when I was 10 where all I wanted to do was take over the world and kill non-Christians (I know, I sound like a version of Hitler). When I went through that phase, I often wrote random speeches and political opinions on a scratch book that I had bought. The phase ended when that year was about over, but I think I managed to freak out everyone in the household, haha.

asmcint    279

Went to the same capitol building as you in Kindergarten just before Christmas break. It was kinda cool. We had all made paper Christmas tree decorations with our names on them prior and got to see them on a tree planted out there among a bunch of others from a wide variety of classes across most of, if not all of, the schools in the State. Sadly couldn't get a tour of the inside like I was expecting would happen, but it was still a pretty great field trip.

KeroPearhart    385

I honestly have zero intention or desire to visit Albany at any point in my lifetime whatsoever. Local politics in NYC alone are enough to make my stomach turn.

PigHunter    301

I made the same trip at some point, don't remeber what grade we were in. We toured the building and got to go on the rroof to see the gold leafed statues up there. It started my interest in politics. If you have the chance you should join speech (they may call it forensics). You should also do all the model government you can YIG, MUN, etc. They're a lot of fun and you'll learn how to craft an argument really well. They also teach you about current events, model government will teach you how your government works, you'll meet a lot of really fucking cool and successful people, plus it's a great opportunity to wear a suit and tie.

MasterFux    390

I live right near Nashville, but I have no interest in politics or in visiting those buildings.