Team Avolition
FrankieMcDonald

More Books.

I noticed that Niiyu made a post about books a bit ago and I wanted to see what everyone's reading now. Now, with that lets get started I'm currently reading the Harry Potter series mainly because I've never read it before and have heard good things about it.

• Upvote 1

PigHunter    301

I'm currently reading the Welcome to Nightvale book, after that S. will be read. S. is a book in a book, there's a book that's read. Then there's a conversation between college students trying to figure out the identity of the author in the margins of the book and in inserts. It looks fucking rad.

Nessosin    705

I'm currently reading the Gunslinger from the Dark Tower series. I'll probably keep going in the series after I finish it. Unless something else really sparks my interest.

iPickedScout    682

I'm currently reading the 2nd book of "The Stormlight Archive", a 10-book epic fantasy by Brandon Sanderson. I believe only 2 books are out right now (the first being over 1500 pages iirc). I will say this, the first book is an introduction into the world itself, and lays the foundations for the characters, so it's a bit slower than I would have liked. However, it picks up in the end, and continues into the 2nd book. From what I can tell, Sanderson is going for a world and community on a scale that can rival LOTR. It's definitely plausible, imo, if you consider some of his other books, like the Mistborn series (which you should read, it's pretty good).

revan114    1186

I have on my shelf waiting for me:

Johnny Got His Gun,

Snow Crash,

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress(so is ur mom)

Starship Troopers,

Right now I'm reading Hitchhikers's Guide to the Galaxy though.

Nessosin    705

I'm currently reading the 2nd book of "The Stormlight Archive", a 10-book epic fantasy by Brandon Sanderson. I believe only 2 books are out right now (the first being over 1500 pages iirc). I will say this, the first book is an introduction into the world itself, and lays the foundations for the characters, so it's a bit slower than I would have liked. However, it picks up in the end, and continues into the 2nd book. From what I can tell, Sanderson is going for a world and community on a scale that can rival LOTR. It's definitely plausible, imo, if you consider some of his other books, like the Mistborn series (which you should read, it's pretty good).

I really liked what he did with finishing the Wheel of Time, so I'll probably look into this series. Thanks.

asmcint    279

I really liked what he did with finishing the Wheel of Time, so I'll probably look into this series. Thanks.

I've read the first two books myself as well as the whole of the Wheel of Time series, and can confirm it's fucking amazing. Would definitely recommend you get into it if you liked his work on the Wheel of Time.

Maniakdude    100

I've been re-reading the Dune franchise, and I am currently on Dune: House Corrino. I hope to read the books set in the "Butlerian Jihad" era in a few days.

uaQhbjF.jpg

clyde1500    101

I got Blood of the Fold (3rd book in the Sword of Truth series) over winter and I still haven't finished it. It's good plane material but two trips later it's still not done and I probably won't finish it till August.

Nessosin    705

I got Blood of the Fold (3rd book in the Sword of Truth series) over winter and I still haven't finished it. It's good plane material but two trips later it's still not done and I probably won't finish it till August.

I read the whole series. Over all it's pretty good but there are some slumps to be sure. I wasn't a big fan of book 3.

Tomatoesalad    545

I'm reading "On War" by Carl von Clausewitz.

He keeps comparing everything to naked wrestling...

iPickedScout    682

I've read the first two books myself as well as the whole of the Wheel of Time series, and can confirm it's fucking amazing. Would definitely recommend you get into it if you liked his work on the Wheel of Time.

Good men.

Niiyu    1234

Uhhh, I just finished Black Magic by Megan Derr and The Griever's Mark by Katherine Hurley. I'm currently reading King's Dark Tidings by Kel Kade(A rec by Scout and it's p good!), Earth's End by Elise Kova and Ink Mage by Victor Gischler. As you can see, I'm fond of those teenage-boppy fantasy novels as well as high-fantasy novels. I've also been reading a bit of Lolita on the side. It's pretty interesting. I've done a lot of postmodern short story reading this whole quarter, so I've gotten to read stuff by Dorothy Parker, Cynthia Ozick, and Jhumpa Lahiri as some of my favorites.

Aaaaand, still working on Game of Thrones novels. :3