Team Avolition

Krikilla    58

Hello, I am wondering if there is any cool rpg games for windows 7, if you know a really good one and would like to share it please tell me.

Thank you,

Krikilla

AnalAvenger    324

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim xD XD XD XDX DDSDS

There's not a version for PC, but there's a really cool RPG I played on the PS1 that you could emulate, "Azure Dreams".

agrecascino    3

I thought you died. Are you a spooky ghostman?

Edited by agrecascino

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Dragon Age: Origins, Fable Anniversary, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning are a few of my personal favourites.

asmcint    279

The Fable games are always fun, though 3 is less an RPG and more an action-adventure title. The Darksiders games are also pretty great, though the first one is, once again, less an RPG and more an action-adventure game, though this time there's platforming and puzzles, too.

Krikilla    58

The Fable games are always fun, though 3 is less an RPG and more an action-adventure title. The Darksiders games are also pretty great, though the first one is, once again, less an RPG and more an action-adventure game, though this time there's platforming and puzzles, too.

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Dragon Age: Origins, Fable Anniversary, and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning are a few of my personal favourites.

There's not a version for PC, but there's a really cool RPG I played on the PS1 that you could emulate, "Azure Dreams".

Okay thanks for the games :D I was really running out of things to play!

Repost    379

Pillars of Eternity is good if you like CRPGs. There's a lot of dialogue to read, though.

majesty327    206

It really depends on what you're looking for.

Are you actually looking to roleplay within a game, or do you just want to be fed numbers?

If you are looking to roleplay, you really could do worse than Planescape Torment. The combat and graphics are weak, as they should be for an RPG, but the story is amazing and it is WIDELY open to player choice and interpretation. Every playthrough will be different the first five thousand times you go through it.

Also, as for the Elder Scrolls series, I really cannot recommend the second game high enough. Skyrim is honestly pretty lame and shallow, I can't recommend it whole-heartedly. Daggerfall is so massive and so outstandingly deep that you will grow a deep seated resentment toward the rest of the series for not attaining an ounce of that ruthless, bug-filled ambition.

Just download from here, and use DOSbox. You can run it via shortcut with the downloader from this site. http://theelderscrol...gerfallSetup_EN

Deus Ex is also a classic from a roleplay perspective, and the first seven Ultima games are incredible. My personal favorites are 4 and 5. 7 I don't recommend that much, and that seems to be the one that everyone adores. Avoid 8 and 9 at all costs, along with Ultima Underworld 2.

The first two Fallout games are also fantastic, as is Pillars of Eternity, Neverwinter Nights, and Baldur's Gate.

There's an ocean of great roleplaying games out there. Sadly there isn't many good recent ones, mostly because they put a sharp focus on the visuals and action when they shouldn't. Though there is Dragon Age Origins and The Witcher series. I don't recommend any other game in the Dragon Age series, however. Origins was bold, involving such a forked and involved narrative. It really felt like every ounce of dialogue and every given choice really mattered.

Also in terms of classic games that didn't involve a lot of roleplaying, Dark Sun: Shattered Lands is incredible.

If you're a fan of Grand Strategy Games and games that are WAAAY overly complex and deep (as you should be, if you're asking for RPGs), Crusader Kings 2 is incredible. It's medieval politics, the game. Complete with syphilis, castrating your children for fun, assassinating your brother for power, setting up favorable lines of succession, etc.

Edited by majesty327

Krikilla    58

Pillars of Eternity is good if you like CRPGs. There's a lot of dialogue to read, though.

It really depends on what you're looking for.

Are you actually looking to roleplay within a game, or do you just want to be fed numbers?

If you are looking to roleplay, you really could do worse than Planescape Torment. The combat and graphics are weak, as they should be for an RPG, but the story is amazing and it is WIDELY open to player choice and interpretation. Every playthrough will be different the first five thousand times you go through it.

Also, as for the Elder Scrolls series, I really cannot recommend the second game high enough. Skyrim is honestly pretty lame and shallow, I can't recommend it whole-heartedly. Daggerfall is so massive and so outstandingly deep that you will grow a deep seated resentment toward the rest of the series for not attaining an ounce of that ruthless, bug-filled ambition.

Just download from here, and use DOSbox. You can run it via shortcut with the downloader from this site. http://theelderscrol...gerfallSetup_EN

Deus Ex is also a classic from a roleplay perspective, and the first seven Ultima games are incredible. My personal favorites are 4 and 5. 7 I don't recommend that much, and that seems to be the one that everyone adores. Avoid 8 and 9 at all costs, along with Ultima Underworld 2.

The first two Fallout games are also fantastic, as is Pillars of Eternity, Neverwinter Nights, and Baldur's Gate.

There's an ocean of great roleplaying games out there. Sadly there isn't many good recent ones, mostly because they put a sharp focus on the visuals and action when they shouldn't. Though there is Dragon Age Origins and The Witcher series. I don't recommend any other game in the Dragon Age series, however. Origins was bold, involving such a forked and involved narrative. It really felt like every ounce of dialogue and every given choice really mattered.

Also in terms of classic games that didn't involve a lot of roleplaying, Dark Sun: Shattered Lands is incredible.

If you're a fan of Grand Strategy Games and games that are WAAAY overly complex and deep (as you should be, if you're asking for RPGs), Crusader Kings 2 is incredible. It's medieval politics, the game. Complete with syphilis, castrating your children for fun, assassinating your brother for power, setting up favorable lines of succession, etc.

Thank you very much! I have had Skyrim and Oblivion for quite some time, so I guess I'll try Daggerfall!

asmcint    279

Thank you very much! I have had Skyrim and Oblivion for quite some time, so I guess I'll try Daggerfall!

Personally I always recommend people to work backwards through the Elder Scrolls games. Start with Skyrim, then go to Oblivion, then Morrowind, then Daggerfall, then Arena. That way with each subsequent title you get a more challenging experience with fewer concessions to casual players. It's good for more casual players like me who need to be eased into more difficult games(unless it's Dark Souls, I dived blindly into that and came out fairly well).

Edited by asmcint

majesty327    206

Personally I always recommend people to work backwards through the Elder Scrolls games. Start with Skyrim, then go to Oblivion, then Morrowind, then Daggerfall, then Arena. That way with each subsequent title you get a more challenging experience with fewer concessions to casual players. It's good for more casual players like me who need to be eased into more difficult games(unless it's Dark Souls, I dived blindly into that and came out fairly well).

Yes, but it sets up unreasonable expectations and takes the series out of perspective.

Daggerfall and Arena are older games, and like older games, this was before the "controller revolution", where games started to get into a consistent pattern of control.

You shouldn't be playing a game as recent as Morrowind before playing a game as old as Daggerfall. It fucks you up.

Edited by majesty327

iPickedScout    682

Control +f'd Firefall, didn't see it. It's a shooter RPG, 5 distinct archetypes for classes, with 2-4 variations of each class. Has raids, missions (which are sort of like instanced dungeons, get loot, progress story line, etc.) 5 world zones, one of which is a high-risk PvP zone, but for high reward. I didn't really think I would like it, being a shooter fps, but It turns out it's actually pretty fun. I'd give it a try at least, level one class to 40 (takes like 3 days), and see if it's something you're interested in too.

majesty327    206

Control +f'd Firefall, didn't see it. It's a shooter RPG, 5 distinct archetypes for classes, with 2-4 variations of each class. Has raids, missions (which are sort of like instanced dungeons, get loot, progress story line, etc.) 5 world zones, one of which is a high-risk PvP zone, but for high reward. I didn't really think I would like it, being a shooter fps, but It turns out it's actually pretty fun. I'd give it a try at least, level one class to 40 (takes like 3 days), and see if it's something you're interested in too.

I kinda didn't like how it exchanged the massive world for instances.

I also don't like how they changed thumping.

Krikilla    58

Majesty I am going to try Starcraft 2, but if I don't like it I will definitely tryout your games!

iPickedScout    682

I got into it pretty recently, so I can't comment about the changes in thumping, even though I see people talking about it in chat, as for open world vs. instances, I don't think it's too bad, they flow well, like you can walk off the side of one and go into another.

Phlyrox    1112

Idk if you count this as an RPG but one of my favorites is Dishonored. Single player, you play a dishonored guy, and there's plenty of replayability imo. (even though it's not open world exactly)

majesty327    206

Idk if you count this as an RPG but one of my favorites is Dishonored. Single player, you play a dishonored guy, and there's plenty of replayability imo. (even though it's not open world exactly)

Not really. There isn't any kind of focus on choice or roleplay involved. It's a stealth game with a levelup system, no different from how Modern Warfare was an arena shooter with a levelup system.

Also, very technically speaking, you do not need an open world to be an RPG.

Phlyrox    1112

The missions you choose to complete directly affect the story and gameplay. And youre literally playing the role of a major charactor in the story. I haven't played modern warfare arena but I doubt its like dishonored in terms of the focus on choices and roleplay.

The path you take can also vary each play through to better fit what you've leveled up and previous mission choices. Stealth paths/assasin/berserker depends on what kind of person you want your character to be.

majesty327    206

The missions you choose to complete directly affect the story and gameplay. And youre literally playing the role of a major charactor in the story. I haven't played modern warfare arena but I doubt its like dishonored in terms of the focus on choices and roleplay.

The path you take can also vary each play through to better fit what you've leveled up and previous mission choices. Stealth paths/assasin/berserker depends on what kind of person you want your character to be.

And you play a major character in the story in Halo.

I don't see your point.

Phlyrox    1112

My point was that there is role play. And I don't know if you read the other 2 sentences or maybe forgot what you yourself also wrote, but that's not the only reason. Halo does have you playing a major character but as you've stated there's no choice making by the player. The reason I brought up playing a major character in the story is because a game which doesn't even have that (such as modern warfare area), has no hope of being an rpg. And in dishonored you're playing the role (playing the role [just saying it twice to make sure you pick up on it]) of a dishonored bodyguard.

asmcint    279

My point was that there is role play. And I don't know if you read the other 2 sentences or maybe forgot what you yourself also wrote, but that's not the only reason. Halo does have you playing a major character but as you've stated there's no choice making by the player. The reason I brought up playing a major character in the story is because a game which doesn't even have that (such as modern warfare area), has no hope of being an rpg. And in dishonored you're playing the role (playing the role [just saying it twice to make sure you pick up on it]) of a dishonored bodyguard.

And there's furthermore the matter of choice you brought up, and the way the story is affected by it.

Krikilla    58

That is wrong, Skyrim is on Steam for $19.99

majesty327    206

That is wrong, Skyrim is on Steam for $19.99

And stabbing a man in the chest is free. What's your point?

Play any game in the series but Skyrim. Any.

asmcint    279

And stabbing a man in the chest is free. What's your point?

Play any game in the series but Skyrim. Any.

Come on now, Skyrim has its faults, but it is a good game nonetheless, capable of providing one with hundreds of hours of entertainment in its own right.

majesty327    206

Come on now, Skyrim has its faults, but it is a good game nonetheless, capable of providing one with hundreds of hours of entertainment in its own right.

So is stabbing a man in the chest.

Yes, you could get hundreds of hours of entertainment out of it.

You could get hundreds upon hundreds more from literally any other game in the series, aside from Morrowind. Skyrim is by far the shallowest game in the series.