Team Avolition
Tomatoesalad

Shower Thoughts

Tomatoesalad    545

Post random thoughts/ideas, things that baffle you with their non-existance

I think we need to make a vault 108 subreddit. No matter what you typed, it would come out as a variation of the word Gary. Just an endless circle-jerk of "Gary. Gary? GARY!!!"

Does anyone else have any random thoughts/ideas to share?

Syphist    1415

Someone should program a bot to play a video game based on virtually pressing keys and stuff while using only the graphical input to judge and play the game. There should be bots that can play games like humans. It would be an interesting project to make since you would have to tune the bot to take inputs like a human, have reaction times similar to a human, and deal with things like focused vision. A bot that works like that could be interesting to see working, having it play the same game for 24 hours, and see what it learns outside of the basics.

• Upvote 3

WOasasori    48

Someone should program a bot to play a video game based on virtually pressing keys and stuff while using only the graphical input to judge and play the game. There should be bots that can play games like humans. It would be an interesting project to make since you would have to tune the bot to take inputs like a human, have reaction times similar to a human, and deal with things like focused vision. A bot that works like that could be interesting to see working, having it play the same game for 24 hours, and see what it learns outside of the basics.

you think about this in the shower?

Syphist    1415

you think about this in the shower?

Yes, I think about shit like this in the shower.

• Upvote 2

Zirix    716

i wonder how long i've been showering

• Upvote 4

AnalAvenger    324

Did I shampoo? I should probably do it again, just in case.

I have really, really clean hair because of my forgetfulness.

Error    1334

"I think we need to make a vault 108 subreddit."

Another subreddit ready to be filtered into my block list.

Maniakdude    100

For all of what humanity has done, within a few million years we probably will be gone. There may be a few traces of our civilization, but most evidence of our existence may be destroyed by the wrath of the planet.

Kittens are adorable.

Edited by Maniakdude
  • Upvote 3

KeroPearhart    385

Yes, I think about shit like this in the shower.

If that's what you think about during a shower then I'd hate to imagine what you would think about during a bath.

• Upvote 1

asmcint    279

(in-depth mental analysis of some song that's been running through my head)

"... Shit, did I actually clean myself in any fashion?"

Flash    488

I was actually talking with ReThink about this. At some point our knowledge of how the universe was created falls flat, because no matter what we are going to have to keep looking for an origin (maybe this is just my more than negligible understanding of theoretical physics). Following a train of logic and assuming that everything just didn't suddenly appear or was just inherently there, everything had to come from somewhere or something and the previous things had to come from another somewhere and something, so on and so forth. All the atoms in the universe, that ultra condensed bit of matter that was what we have now, we can keep tracing it back but we will never find an exact origin because at some point laws that govern the universe made stuff happen (again really unspecific, eon kill me with science if you have to I take no offense) Even from a theological standpoint you run into this because logically their can't have just been boom a deity, (more focusing on religions that worship the God of Abraham as most other religions have fairly in depth creation stories) there has to have been something to create God, or if there wasn't what was God doing before he made everything? I just find it interesting that no matter how hard people try to explain creation they always run into this sort of logical loop of something needing to come from something.

Edited by Flash
  • Upvote 1

Tomatoesalad    545

I was actually talking with ReThink about this. At some point our knowledge of how the universe was created falls flat, because no matter what we are going to have to keep looking for an origin (maybe this is just my more than negligible understanding of theoretical physics). Following a train of logic and assuming that everything just didn't suddenly appear or was just inherently there, everything had to come from somewhere or something and the previous things had to come from another somewhere and something, so on and so forth. All the atoms in the universe, that ultra condensed bit of matter that was what we have now, we can keep tracing it back but we will never find an exact origin because at some point laws that govern the universe made stuff happen (again really unspecific, eon kill me with science if you have to I take no offense) Even from a theological standpoint you run into this because logically their can't have just been boom a deity, (more focusing on religions that worship the God of Abraham as most other religions have fairly in depth creation stories) there has to have been something to create God, or if there wasn't what was God doing before he made everything? I just find it interesting that no matter how hard people try to explain creation they always run into this sort of logical loop of something needing to come from something.

Applying logic to religion is inherently illogical.

Flash    488

Applying logic to religion is inherently illogical.

Religion itself isn't illogical, religious people however are. Religion is like anything else, its deities have shapes and bounds; everything done in the given religions is done for a reason. Religion is just another way for humans to explain the world around them, and until we for certain know otherwise it could still be as viable an explanation as anything else.

dylygs    191

-snip-

Not necessarily. As we understand it, the big bang created time itself. This means that time is a product of our universe, and we don't know if it even exists outside. This means that beyond our universe, all of our laws and sense breaks down. How do we know that cause and effect even applies? It could be that things can literally just happen, without anything to make them so. Or it could be that effects create causes for themselves. Or it could be that a giant plate of spaghetti reaches out with xer noodles and changes things in the blink of an eye. We just don't know anything about the outside of our universe, so we can't make assumptions like "something must have created the ultra-dense particle that exploded and became our universe."

Flash    488

Not necessarily. As we understand it, the big bang created time itself. This means that time is a product of our universe, and we don't know if it even exists outside. This means that beyond our universe, all of our laws and sense breaks down. How do we know that cause and effect even applies? It could be that things can literally just happen, without anything to make them so. Or it could be that effects create causes for themselves. Or it could be that a giant plate of spaghetti reaches out with xer noodles and changes things in the blink of an eye. We just don't know anything about the outside of our universe, so we can't make assumptions like "something must have created the ultra-dense particle that exploded and became our universe."

I was speaking from the sense that there are theories that this is just another iteration of a cycle that has been going on for eons. If I remember correctly there are theories out there that our universe at some point will collapse in on itself and then another Big Bang will happen starting the cycle again. So from that perspective there could be a cause and effect relationship.

Tomatoesalad    545

Religion itself isn't illogical, religious people however are. Religion is like anything else, its deities have shapes and bounds; everything done in the given religions is done for a reason. Religion is just another way for humans to explain the world around them, and until we for certain know otherwise it could still be as viable an explanation as anything else.

I was mainly referring to the fact that an all-powerful being can circumvent the laws of physics. Trying to rationalize any deity is a waste of time, they would not play by the same rules as you and I. (I'm trying to say this as non-biased as possible)

Lorem_Ipsum    34

To fix the US's debt problem would be rather easy.

First, any and all senators, governers, mayors, anybody currently in power are to be taken care of. Wipe the slate clean. Abolish everything about democrats and republicans, liberals and conservatives. They are simple dividers of the country, allowing everyone to point fingers at each other without getting anything done. It is an existence predicated upon manufactured necessity, only existing because it says it must exist or there would be no order.

From there, you divide the country into five 'states' in the north, south, east, west, and middle. Place people in charge that over five-sixths of the country can agree would be good people to run it. This is to make sure that nobody in the state can say that something has gone wrong because of one person - they are all guilty as a group. There shall be five people in charge of each state, all of whom are instructed with the simple task to maintain order in the state. Every month, one representative from the state will travel to the capital - which shall remain Washington DC for sentimental purposes - and vote on larger, country-wide manners. Representatives cannot come to the capital more than once in a row, to keep one person's opinion from getting too much representation. The only requirement is that by the end of at most six meetings, one significant change must be made - if not, all parties present at the sixth meeting will be retired and replaced with another person from each state.

The beginning of life for a young person born into their state will maintain as it normally does - grow up until you are eighteen, an official adult. There is a catch, however - throughout your years, you are under surveillance and review. If you show that you have outward potential while growing, you continue life as normal. If not, however, you are placed into the barricaded-off middle section that each city has - The Gauntlet, it would be referred to. The Gauntlet would be divided into groups for ages - 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, and 50-64. When you enter your age group, your task is simple - kill three other members inside it, using whatever means you deem necessary. Kills add to your own 'score', however - if you kill two people, and someone kills you, you count as three kills, making you a more highly valued target the more you kill. Once you achieve three kills, however, you are finished - if anyone kills you, they themselves are dealt with ASAP. There are four ways to enter the Gauntlet - show no outward potential as a growing child, tell a growing child about the Gauntlet (They are to grow up ignorant of it so as not to show fake potential), volunteering (Which would obviously be a rare occurrence), or by failing a three-strike penalty. If you are caught in the act of a crime three separate times, you are immediately placed in the Gauntlet (wheras the first two times are simple fines).

For those good enough to stay out of the Gauntlet and either go to college or go to work, life is much simpler. They are assigned an apartment or home to live at and continue their lives normally. Rent, in both cases, is free - water, heating, and electricity, however, is charged, and though the average person will most likely be able to pay for it, some may choose not to to save money at times when they don't need either of the three items. As you hit a new decade in your life, you are moved to a new apartment for people of your age group. Life continued more or less as normally, until you reach age 65 - retirement age.

Throughout life, medical visits are free. You won't stay indebted for years because you broke your arm once - the hospitals are payed with national funds. However, once you hit 65, that luxury is gone - you are required to pay for your own medical visits. In addition to this, you are allowed to continue living only if you pay a 'toll' every year - meaning you are rewarded for saving your money wisely. You can, at any point, choose to 'cash out' even before you've run out of funds - part of these funds goes to the next of kin, though most of it goes to the national funds. When you run out of funds or decide to cash out, you are given one week to say final goodbyes before you are put to rest - funeral services are free for a simple service and burial, but the family may choose to use funds for better caskets, gravestones, etc.

Slowly, using this system, build up national funds and begin paying back the debt. It will be slow, but it would, eventually, free us once more.

...Shit, I forgot to wash my hair.

• Upvote 1

dylygs    191

-snip-

Uhh, that would eventually lead to a totalitarian state. Also, who gets to judge what "outward potential" means? Plus, sometimes peoples' gifts can be hidden until they reach a certain situation, which may only arise after they turn 18. I think that everyone has the potential to change and be good, no matter who they are. Killing people off like that is barbaric.

Also, you will never get 5/6 of people to agree on anything. It won't happen.

I was speaking from the sense that there are theories that this is just another iteration of a cycle that has been going on for eons. If I remember correctly there are theories out there that our universe at some point will collapse in on itself and then another Big Bang will happen starting the cycle again. So from that perspective there could be a cause and effect relationship.

Well, sure, maybe. But we literally cannot make any assumptions about it, because we just don't have any evidence for anything. It can be fun to speculate, though.

Lorem_Ipsum    34

Uhh, that would eventually lead to a totalitarian state. Also, who gets to judge what "outward potential" means? Plus, sometimes peoples' gifts can be hidden until they reach a certain situation, which may only arise after they turn 18. I think that everyone has the potential to change and be good, no matter who they are. Killing people off like that is barbaric.

Also, you will never get 5/6 of people to agree on anything. It won't happen.

Considering there's already a discussion of religion taking place, I'll just let this chance for a discussion about politics slide. That, and I was mostly joking.

Syphist    1415

Why the hell do people, myself included, deeply analyze life and religion in the showers? Is it because we have spare time, is it because we have nothing on our mind? Is it because all of us easily get distracted? Speaking of distractions I easily get distracted a lot, like when I am watching videos on YouTube. YouTube's system sucks ass. Not just the layout, but the way they feed corporations' greed, and not to mention the bogus copyright shindig.

And that is how I go from something deep and meaningful to thinking about how bad YouTube has become.

Tomatoesalad    545

Quote from my girlfriend; "Whoever invented Krav Maga, missed out on the amazing opportunity to name it Jew-Jitsu"

• Upvote 1

eonrulz    1930

"I need to pee. Should I pee in the shower? I'm peeing in the shower."