Team Avolition
rakiru

How to use the reputation system

PigHunter    301

My rep came from one shitpost, now everything I post get's hated on. Thanks so much for this rakiru.

You have 17 posts, you can hardly speak. At on point I had -20 something rep, having a negative rep under your name doesn't affect how many upvotes you get.

blind7125    1924

My rep came from one shitpost, now everything I post get's hated on. Thanks so much for this rakiru.

Ooh will you thank me too?

Phlyrox    1112

i think what he meant was that your rep changes, but you never find out where it was +/- 'd.

happens to me all the time and it bugs me.

Zirix    716

i think what he meant was that your rep changes, but you never find out where it was +/- 'd.

happens to me all the time and it bugs me.

If it was from a recent post, you can see which post in your profile page.

• Upvote 1

Gawd60    22

Bombs away when they slip.

Edited by Gawd60

Repost    379

Sometimes it appears that a lot of people only seem to upvote posts that contain something clever or comedic, and a lot of the time ignore the posts that people actually put thought into.

• Upvote 1

Xero-Space    2330

Sometimes it appears that a lot of people only seem to upvote posts that contain something clever or comedic, and a lot of the time ignore the posts that people actually put thought into.

That's because people are all like "LOOK A WALL OF TEXT! TL;DR xD!"

That's something you can't really change.

• Upvote 1

Phlyrox    1112

If it was from a recent post, you can see which post in your profile page.

yea, but then I would've been able to find it. back in the day you used to be able to see your posts sorted by last rep'd. but nothing has been the same since storm's unicycling accident.

TheColonel    608

Ahhh, this takes me back.

Thanks to ajv, Team Member now appears to be a license to shitpost.

Amen.

rakiru    2713

It's nice to see a complete summary of what the reputation system should be. I think it might be a good idea to put this in the rules or make it required forum reading so that new members can better understand the magic number beneath their name. You are very smart in how you give out reputation thank you for sharing this with the rest of us.

>required forum reading

Bitch please, people don't even read the rules. We get PMs from new people asking "why can't I use the shoutbox?", or "where can I get the client?", which are both answered in the rules/FAQ page.

I hate to be the one to say it, but to some respect that holds some truth. I've seen many times an admins, team members or other ranked member will get upvotes for simple, posts(and sometimes bad ones IMO) whereas non-ranked members will make quality posts and not get nearly as many. NOT THAT I AM PICKING ON ANYONE: For example when Sirenfal made a topic about the video of a guy getting tasered, funny as shit. I'm glad he posted it, but if someone else did that I bet people would be replying "YT thread" and complaining. Again I stress, this is merely an observation.

This is a valid point, but as Krysk has said before (and I've bitched about in places), just because a thread is about a youtube video, it doesn't have to go in the youtube thread. The youtube thread is not an official thread, but some mods/admins seem to consider it one. Fair enough if someone posts a video that doesn't really have any discussion value, but some videos people post and want to talk about, which are unfairly getting locked witht he reason "YT thread".

Error    1334

This is a good point, but it usually still doesn't deserve an up-rep. Plus:

ITS%20STILL%20SHITPOSTING%20EVEN%20IF%20YOURE%20BEING%20IRONIC.png

Ironically. That was also shitpost.

ALSO MINE.

rakiru    2713

Ironically. That was also shitpost.

ALSO MINE.

How was that a shitpost?

Also, this one I found myself:

IRONIC%20SHITPOSTING.png

• Upvote 1

Error    1334

How was that a shitpost?

Also, this one I found myself:

-snip-

Basically the image is telling you 'satire posting' is still shitposting and some people literary took it, Being /jp/ of course and due to its nature one can argue it was all shitpost.

this image (read:/v/) is also shitpost and was taken literary and flooded the board with real idiots and epik memes.

The more you know~ *star whoosh*

TL;DR:ironicshitposting pic is now shitpost.

Zirix    716

storm's unicycling accident.

liek rep dis if u cri evrytim

• Upvote 1

Church    1234

HEY, I GOT AN IDEA!

LET'S ALL GET TOGETHER AND COORDINATE A DOWNVOTE ON SOMEONE WE DON'T LIKE, AMIDOINITRIGHT?

• Upvote 1

rakiru    2713

HEY, I GOT AN IDEA!

LET'S ALL GET TOGETHER AND COORDINATE A DOWNVOTE ON SOMEONE WE DON'T LIKE, AMIDOINITRIGHT?

I nominate this post.

• Upvote 1

HEY, I GOT AN IDEA!

While we're at it, let's make downvoting the new upvoting.

IT'S FUCKING GENIUS!

• Upvote 1