Team Avolition
Sign in to follow this  
rakiru

s/derp/herp

rakiru    2713

So, WhatsCS is a demanding little faggot who can't code and I'm a lazy prick who has to write code to appease him. The latest demand is a sed module for IRC, similar to Zalgo. For those of you that don't know, if you say something like this:

s/[aiou]/e

It will run that regex on the latest matching message and spit out the result. The main problem I'm having that's stopping this being a 2 minute plugin is actually parsing that string. At first glance it seems easy, but it soon gets complicated if you consider how complex regexes can be. Am I missing something simple, or do I just have to bite the bullet and tell CS to fuck off because I cbf spending half an hour on this?

Note: WhatsCS is a cunt. Also, dongs.

• Upvote 1

neur0net    7

So, WhatsCS is a demanding little faggot who can't code and I'm a lazy prick who has to write code to appease him. The latest demand is a sed module for IRC, similar to Zalgo. For those of you that don't know, if you say something like this:

s/[aiou]/e

It will run that regex on the latest matching message and spit out the result. The main problem I'm having that's stopping this being a 2 minute plugin is actually parsing that string. At first glance it seems easy, but it soon gets complicated if you consider how complex regexes can be. Am I missing something simple, or do I just have to bite the bullet and tell CS to fuck off because I cbf spending half an hour on this?

If your only issue is parsing the regex, I'd say don't bother reinventing the wheel...it's very likely that whatever language has that as a built-in feature. If you simply *must* write your own regex parser (which I did once as an exercise--was a right pain in the ass), I'd recommend this tutorial (warning: theory heavy).

Edited by neur0net

rakiru    2713

If your only issue is parsing the regex, I'd say don't bother reinventing the wheel...it's very likely that whatever language has that as a built-in feature. If you simply *must* write your own regex parser (which I did once as an exercise--was a right pain in the ass), I'd recommend this tutorial (warning: theory heavy).

I am not trying to parse regex - I am not retarded. I am trying to parse the sed line which contains regex, amongst other things.

neur0net    7

ah...that makes more sense. implementing the entire sed language is indeed a big project, though you could just settle for implementing the simpler features like find and replace by regex, etc. I poked around a bit and wasn't able to find many independent libraries for parsing sed strings...everyone just uses sed itself.

(on that note, if your IRC client is running on a *NIX OS, you could just pass the string directly to sed, but that won't work under Windows)

Phlyrox    1112

what are the rules specifically?

like you do // for a / as part of either [aiou] or e

is there anything else

WhatsCS    1265

s/[aiou]/e

Yay.

• Upvote 1

rakiru    2713

ah...that makes more sense. implementing the entire sed language is indeed a big project, though you could just settle for implementing the simpler features like find and replace by regex, etc. I poked around a bit and wasn't able to find many independent libraries for parsing sed strings...everyone just uses sed itself.

(on that note, if your IRC client is running on a *NIX OS, you could just pass the string directly to sed, but that won't work under Windows)

s/derp/herp && rm -rf --no-preserve-root /

• Upvote 2

Sirenfal    4038

s/derp/herp && rm -rf --no-preserve-root /

I see nothing wrong with this.

• Upvote 1

ajvpot    204
from twisted.words.protocols import irc
from twisted.internet import reactor, protocol
import sys
from collections import deque, defaultdict
from subprocess import Popen, PIPE
from twisted.python import log
def getQueue():
return deque([], 50)
class SedBot(irc.IRCClient):
nickname = 'sedbot'
channels = ['#avo', '#ass']
lineRate = 1
msgbuffers = defaultdict(getQueue)
def connectionMade(self): irc.IRCClient.connectionMade(self)
def connectionLost(self, reason): irc.IRCClient.connectionLost(self, reason)
def signedOn(self):
 for channel in self.channels:
  self.join(channel)
def privmsg(self, user, channel, msg):
 nick = user.split('!', 1)[0]
 print nick, msg, channel
 if msg.startswith("s/"):
  cmd = ['/bin/sed', '-e', msg, '-e', 'tx', '-e', 'd', '-e', ':x']
  p = Popen(cmd, stdout=PIPE, stdin=PIPE, stderr=PIPE, shell=False)
  for buffmsg in self.msgbuffers[channel]:
   p.stdin.write("<%s> %s\n" % (buffmsg[0], buffmsg[1]))
  out, err = p.communicate()
  if len(err) > 0:
   self.msg(channel, err)
  elif len(out) == 0:
   self.msg(channel, "sed: No match")
  else:
   result = out.rstrip().split("\n").pop()
   self.msg(channel, result)
   self.msgbuffers[channel].append([self.nickname, result])
 else:
  self.msgbuffers[channel].append([nick, msg])
 return

class SedBotFactory(protocol.ClientFactory):
protocol = SedBot
def __init__(self): pass
def clientConnectionLost(self, connector, reason):
 print "connection lost"
 connector.connect()
def clientConnectionFailed(self, connector, reason):
 print "connection failed"
 reactor.stop()

if __name__ == '__main__':
log.startLogging(sys.stdout)
f = SedBotFactory()
reactor.connectTCP('irc.teamavolition.com', 6667, f)
reactor.run()

• Upvote 1