Team Avolition
Sign in to follow this  
Flipybitz

Easy server crash/lag exploit (FIX THIS)

Flipybitz    24

The black stove prop on the first page of default props, if you spawn about 10-40 inside of each other, they will crash nearly ANY server.

The prop is highly detailed, and has a lot of collision boundaries, and when spawned enough inside eachother, the server is overwhelmed with them and the collision boundaries increase exponentially as you spawn more.

WAY TO FIX THIS: Put a limit of spawning the same prop to 3 every second

I haven't seen people on any server using this exploit, and I'm not sure if I'm the only person who's known about this for a while, but it should really be fixed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Original    56

Does anyone remember how i think it was Church that wanted to make a darkrp server? Wtf happened to it, I wanted to help.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin_Akala    302

Does anyone remember how i think it was Church that wanted to make a darkrp server? Wtf happened to it, I wanted to help.

Oh my god.... I would sooooo love for this to happen.

• Upvote 1

Narka    614

Oh my god.... I would sooooo love for this to happen.

It exists and it's mostly functional. If you're looking to play I would ask WhatCS.

As for the black stove props, if you're running sandbox on just about any maps, you can use ragdolls to crash just about any server if you try, which is a little more worrisome if you ask me (you can do it without other people know).

Edited by BeeJesus

widd    238

The black stove prop on the first page of default props, if you spawn about 10-40 inside of each other, they will crash nearly ANY server.

The prop is highly detailed, and has a lot of collision boundaries, and when spawned enough inside eachother, the server is overwhelmed with them and the collision boundaries increase exponentially as you spawn more.

WAY TO FIX THIS: Put a limit of spawning the same prop to 3 every second

I haven't seen people on any server using this exploit, and I'm not sure if I'm the only person who's known about this for a while, but it should really be fixed.

Thanks for ruining my fun.

This exploit is quite known, posting it on here is just letting more people know about it which makes more people want to do it, and that will just disrupt more people.

dylygs    191

Spawning 10-40 of any decent sized prop in rapid succession in a small space will lag/crash a server.

mRcwAzi.jpg

Edited by dylygs
  • Upvote 1

DeCoolJB    365

People still play Garry's Mod?

I think this was supposed to play off of how we say "People still play Minecraft?" when someone posts a minecraft griefing related thing