Team Avolition
Sign in to follow this  
TheDandyLyinSquid

Hack Client Source Code?

Hey all,

I'm new to these forums, and a very, very, very, VERY beginner java coder. I really want to make my own custom client, just for like practice, and so everything is where I want it to be, and also have a few hacks for the heck of it. This might make me sound like a skid, but can someone link me to a decent client's source code? Thanks!

Please Note: I do not plan on copy/pasting the code, but I want to dissect it and learn like, what goes where, and how to format it, etc. Thanks again!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Valkyrie    1350

There's been several threads about this. Just learn Java and come back (After you learn Java, I don't see any need to come back, considering you'll know all about making the GUIs and hacks). You won't be able to learn anything from looking at our codes, nor can we spoonfeed you codes. If you "dissect" our codes, you're still using someone else's code, so you won't really learn much from it unless you know the function of each piece of code. There's plenty of Java tutorials available online, and if you want me to link you to one, I'll be glad to do it for you.

Edited by arceus208
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

There's been several threads about this. Just learn Java and come back EDIT: After you learn Java, I don't see any need to come back, considering you'll know all about making the GUIs and hacks. You won't be able to learn anything from looking at our codes, nor can we spoonfeed you codes. If you "dissect" our codes, you're still using someone else's code, so you won't really learn much from it. Learn

Do you know any good, up-to-date tutorials/books/resources or whatever I could use? Thanks for your input btw

• Upvote 1

Coruscantian    378

There used to be a pinned topic in the programming section on making a client with some basic features. After you know Java it should be easy enough to follow, if you can find it.

Edited by Coruscantian

Valkyrie    1350

No. Looking at other people's source and reversing it is a fantastic way to learn if you can actually determine the logical control flow and understand what's going on. Even modifying others' source to add new features or improve old ones is a good way to start.

That's the thing. You're not going to learn anything by looking at someone else's source code first, you need to know what each line of code does if you really want to code something.

• Downvote 1

Coruscantian    378

That's the thing. You're not going to learn anything by looking at someone else's source code first, you need to know what each line of code does if you really want to code something.

Being able to read and interpret someone else's source code is a skill that even most beginners should have. If you're halfway competent, you should be able to determine the workings of a Minecraft client given that most of the basic hacks require less than five lines of modification.

Valkyrie    1350

Being able to read and interpret someone else's source code is a skill that even most beginners should have. If you're halfway competent, you should be able to determine the workings of a Minecraft client given that most of the basic hacks require less than five lines of modification.

Every beginner should be able to read the code, yes, but interpret it? I'd just say go through a tutorial before you try this. Here's my strategy, I'm learning a lot from this. Thing is, I'm doing the tutorial first, then messing with minecraft.jar.

1. Do a tutorial, learn something new

2. Go into your minecraft.jar, decompile it, mess around with it in Eclipse.

3. Do another tutorial, learn more

4. Back to minecraft.jar, back to messing around with it

5. Repeat.

Coruscantian    378

Every beginner should be able to read the code, yes, but interpret it? I'd just say go through a tutorial before you try this. Here's my strategy, I'm learning a lot from this. Thing is, I'm doing the tutorial first, then messing with minecraft.jar.

Interpreting code is also a necessary beginner's skill, yes. As long as you understand the syntax, interpreting code should start coming naturally.

• Upvote 2

Czahyl    117

I learned a large portion of C# from browsing google for projects and programs that someone made, downloading the source, and inspecting how they worked and then trying to reimplement a similar concept.

• Upvote 1

Valkyrie    1350

I learned a large portion of C# from browsing google for projects and programs that someone made, downloading the source, and inspecting how they worked and then trying to reimplement a similar concept.

I'd assume you knew the function of each piece of code when you did. If so, it's a very efficient way to learn. But goong straight to code isn't the best idea.

TNTniceman    224

-snip-

I agree with arceus, and the reason I think some of you do not is because you don't understand what he means. He is saying that one should learn the language, at least to a degree before looking through someone else's code. He's saying that you can't look through code without knowing what, say, a variable is.

• Upvote 1

Zirix    716

No. Looking at other people's source and reversing it is a fantastic way to learn if you can actually determine the logical control flow and understand what's going on. Even modifying others' source to add new features or improve old ones is a good way to start.

I agree with this.

I looked at some terraria "hacks" to find out what was going on.

I was able to make something work when I pressed a key.

Valkyrie    1350

I agree with this.

I looked at some terraria "hacks" to find out what was going on.

I was able to make something work when I pressed a key.

Thing is, did you understand the bits of code?

dracomenda    1

As I started to learn I literally just opened a shell script and started reading, since its mostly written in what I would call "Obvious Language", it is somewhat easy to start to discern the function and meaning of a lot of the code. some things like flags, tags, and classes come with research when you hit something you don't understand. You can learn fairly quickly with trial by fire. It is important to remember we have to learn our own way. Otherwise we cannot learn to solve the problems that can appear in our own code that we either have to work around or code out of. Hints, information, links to practical tutorials, and practice code are important to someone learning without a computer science degree or an early start. Games don't come in Basic anymore, pass on what you know and share problems, even at the start. It helps.

New <- Remember! We all started here!

Novice 

Beginner <- Mentoring should become collaboration about here,

Moderate <- Or here.

20 years-Lifetime

Expert <- Few if any of us are here

• Downvote 1