Team Avolition
Sign in to follow this  
pugsy

Good site if you're completely new to programming

Valkyrie    1352

>print("Thanks for showing me the site! You saved my ass!")

>var Love = "infinite"

if (Love = "infinite")
{
    console.log("I love you so much for giving me this site");
}
else
{
    console.log("Fuck off, you are a douche");
}

Edited by arceus208

HiTech    9

I like the way you join the website and it takes you straight into doing stuff, not just watching a video and then rinsing and repeating.

Also, signup took me literally ten seconds, incredibly fast.

Czahyl    117

Looks really nice, except I seem to notice that a lot of "Learn to program" sites only teach languages that have to do with web design

Ja41799    0

Looks pretty cool, i will have to check that out. I'm kind of an intermediate coder so i have to go back through stuff I know.

Sirenfal    4038

From a cursory glance, this actually looks really cool. A very interesting approach to teaching, and I could see this being applied to many subjects.

A+

• Upvote 1

Phlyrox    1112

From a cursory glance, this actually looks really cool. A very interesting approach to teaching, and I could see this being applied to many subjects.

A+

Yea i see more and more sites using in browser ide[?]. here's one with python:

http://www.learnpython.org/

azami    816

I remember seeing this site quite a while ago and I did a first couple pages of it and it was pretty neat. What I really liked about it is how beginner-friendly it is. They(I'm pretty sure it's written by more than 1 person) explain VERY important topics for beginners in an easy to understand way, which is what I like. One of the main problems with new people just starting program is they really don't know WHERE to start. And to be honest, I wouldn't even know where to start someone, but that's why I'm not a teacher (: but the point I was getting at is, this site is almost like a double edged blade. From what I saw it's teaching you javascript(idk if it changes later on) and at the same time they're explaining what you're doing in a way that you can apply it to most other programming languages fairly easily.

Thanks for reminding me about this site, I will definitely be referrencing this to people who may want to start programming in the future.

Edited by azami

Madness    0

I learned some Ruby with this website, then I released how it would server no purpose at all to me.

Wkter    1893

I learned some Ruby with this website, then I released how it would server no purpose at all to me.

Ruby is a very useful language, unless you're not into programming I guess.

Puddleduck    864

Thanks for bumping this, I need to learn javascript and other stuff before I start college next year, so I'll have some background knowledge. i will be using this!

immosha    33

I just finished the first unit, and I have to say, it's extremely user-friendly. As a beginner with little time to program, I tend to forget a term later on. However, the ability to go back to past lessons easily and the lessons' incorporation of past concepts is super useful. It's really nice.

Narka    614

I actually heard about this a long while ago. Never got around to following through with it. I guess I'll give it a shot since it got an A+ from Krysk.

revan114    1186

I'm learning Python as my first language off this site I really like the way it teaches you, most other sites I tried were not so "beginner" friendly.

print "i lov tis site <3"

http://www.codecademy.com I've been using this codeacademy site (Which is free) to help me start figuring out how to code and all that jazz, I suggest using it if you've been having trouble figuring out a good spot to start off on learning java or some other language.

==> "Pussy"That's correct! Next Exercise: Data Types I & II: Numbers & Strings

• Upvote 1

Shin    15

http://www.codecademy.com I've been using this codeacademy site (Which is free) to help me start figuring out how to code and all that jazz, I suggest using it if you've been having trouble figuring out a good spot to start off on learning java or some other language.

I found it to be a good site for learning basics however some of the instructors aren't very clear at times (Eric Weinstein gets a lot of criticism for being a terrible teacher), but luckily each lesson has a forum where you can ask for help from other people going through the course you're currently on. Also, sometimes you're able run a script and be told that you're correct when you really aren't or still have no idea what you're doing early on.

db2765    1

Another really helpful site, once you check things out on there, is http://www.codingbat.com.

I used that site to start getting a little better with Java. I know Java isn't on codecadamy, but Python is. Definitely a helpful site to go through.